• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

English defence league.

The EDL are racist, it's as simple as that. Targeting buildings because they represent a certain faith is undeniably racism. The mosques aren't to blame for Islam extremism, the mosques are a place for ordinary Muslims to worship in peace. It would be interesting to see how many votes the far right parties gained if inmates were given the right. I have a feeling it may show what sort of people support these 'parties'.

downthetrack

just polished me doc's,ironed me ben sherman shirt,or me fred perry,
and got me burberry baseball cap ready,couple of pints of angry fella well away,take the world on.

just polished me doc's,ironed me ben sherman shirt,or me fred perry,
and got me burberry baseball cap ready,couple of pints of angry fella well away,take the world on.
Is this you?

ECFC Ed

I'm sure its him!

Last edited:

downthetrack

luton last week.

KingBilly

What did you and King Billy make of Menzies quite rightly pointing out that some of the cruelest acts of terrorism commited in this country were carried out by those wrapping themselves in the Union Jack? :)
I'd ask him to tell that to the mother of the two men in the short 3 min video I've linked below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I8y4iL7jQw

The 'crime' these two young men committed was to join the Britsh Army and innocently take a wrong turn into a PIRA funeral in 1988.

They were dragged from their car by a rabid crowd of cowards, beaten, stripped and shot in the back of head. There are several thousand other examples of incidents against British citizens that I could quote Mr Menzies that far surpasses what he considers to be 'cruel acts'.

But sure, go ahead Phil, jump on the 'bash the Brits' bandwagon. That seems to be the easy route to take.

Last edited:

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good point, forgot that Devon is a predominantly Tory area too which will add to the recruitment.
I can`tell if you`re being flippant or not :), but the fertile grounds for the far right are usually poor working class areas with a history of poor integration between various ethnic groups.
For example, if I was the unemployed son of a former Grimethorpe Miner and my local Labour party was dominated by Trots and middle class Asians, I might find the EDL a useful vent for my disaffection.
In leafy Devon its easy to dismiss the loons of the EDL, but in the wastelands of the former South Yorkshire coalfield it might be viewed differently by some.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
... The 'crime' these two young men committed was to join the Britsh Army and innocently take a wrong turn into a PIRA funeral in 1988...
I'll skip on the video, KB, if you don't mind! I remember the incident well. Very bad times indeed.

KingBilly

I will be with the unite against fascism exeter lot on saturday- I encourage anyone to come down.

Whilst these EDL lot are fighting and attacking innocent foreigners, masked up, wearing balaclavas, shouting abuse... The antifa lot have decided it will be a peaceful protest on their part.

KingBilly, you talk of these masked IRA men who terrorised you. Well, look at the masked EDL men terrorising innocent people. That's the ironic thing!

Again, practice what you preach, Mr Orange man.
I assume you are in your late teens/early twenties Poletice? Only someone of such an age could readily compare the atrocities of trained and armed Republican paramilitaries with the actions of a handful of brain dead football type thugs.

With the EDL start assassinating Members of Parliment and blowing up kids in Warrington, come back to me and we'll compare like with like.

KingBilly

I'll skip on the video, KB, if you don't mind! I remember the incident well. Very bad times indeed.
Indeed Rae. It sort of sticks in my craw a bit hearing 'the cruelest acts of terrorism commited in this country were carried out by those wrapping themselves in the Union Jack'.

People have short memories.