• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Euro 2024

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is this a Matchday thread?

If it is I'm predicting a bore draw, a tournament ending injury to Bellingham and a red card for one of our defenders. Question is, can I be arsed to watch it...
Cheer up!

John William

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is this a Matchday thread?

If it is I'm predicting a bore draw, a tournament ending injury to Bellingham and a red card for one of our defenders. Question is, can I be arsed to watch it...
Do some painting; then you can watch it dry, and look up if anything interesting happens.

grecIAN Harris

England fans are such pessimists! I think we'll do okay this evening but will make hard work of it.
It's just Exeweb all over. Most on here are miserable, pessimistic old tossers who have no belief until the job is almost done.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's just Exeweb all over. Most on here are miserable, pessimistic old tossers who have no belief until the job is almost done.
England fans are the worst. Just makes me want us to play well and win even more just to shut them up.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Yanic will be disappointed, Poland take the lead.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I noticed during yesterday's matches that when VAR made a decision there were no more replays immediatelyafter the incident. The penalty that Croatia were given looked to me to be a blatant dive on the replay shown whilst VAR were deciding. Once the pen was given there wasn't another replay shown. The subsequent goal was obviously disallowed.

During the Italy match I thought their second goal was going to be disallowed because the player that challenged for the ball immediately before Barella scored was clearly in an offside position. VAR checked for a foul but then the goal stood and I didn't see another replay thar would clarify if there had been an offside. I have to say though I really only had one eye on this match.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Now it's Poland 1 Netherlands 1.

grecIAN Harris

I noticed during yesterday's matches that when VAR made a decision there were no more replays immediatelyafter the incident. The penalty that Croatia were given looked to me to be a blatant dive on the replay shown whilst VAR were deciding. Once the pen was given there wasn't another replay shown. The subsequent goal was obviously disallowed.

During the Italy match I thought their second goal was going to be disallowed because the player that challenged for the ball immediately before Barella scored was clearly in an offside position. VAR checked for a foul but then the goal stood and I didn't see another replay thar would clarify if there had been an offside. I have to say though I really only had one eye on this match.
Glad I wasn't the only one who thought that about the Croatia penalty. There was a minor brush on his leg but not enough to go down and then to stay on your feet with an open goal and deliberately kick the ground to make it look like a foul........... justice was done eventually.

denzel

It was an awful decision and yet the commentators seem to agree with the VAR! They have been poor so far, probably too many steins and sausages.

grecIAN Harris

Eriksen for Denmark. If Carlsburg wrote stories..............