• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Euro 2024

dontpassback

Credit to Slovenia,they took Portugal to penalties,and just came up short

jimmy

Needed to finish that gift of a chance in ET when Pepe slipped.

With first 3 penalty takers as Ronaldo, Bruno and Bernardo Silva it was always against them for pens...(I know that Ronaldo missed one in the game!)

Apologies if this has been asked before but I'm not trawling through umpteen pages of messages. How many people have been attending the England matches at St James Park? I might be visiting my Mum in Exeter this weekend and will probably go to watch the England match there if I do come down.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
That didn’t age well , they’ll be knackered for the next game after that one.
Maybe Portugal aren't as good as I thought they were. Ronaldo is a problem, but he's never going to be dropped though.

Reactions: DB9

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
As to today's two matches, The Netherlands should beat Romania. Unsure about Austria against Turkey, but I think Turkey will edge it.

dontpassback

As to today's two matches, The Netherlands should beat Romania. Unsure about Austria against Turkey, but I think Turkey will edge it.
Ralph rangnick has got the Austrians well organised ,playing some good stuff,so it will be interesting to see how that one pans out

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Apologies if this has been asked before but I'm not trawling through umpteen pages of messages. How many people have been attending the England matches at St James Park? I might be visiting my Mum in Exeter this weekend and will probably go to watch the England match there if I do come down.
There were around 100 there for the last game.
It has not taken off as it did the last time the club showed England games at SJP on big screen in 2018.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ronaldo is such a twonk isn't he? Can't stand him.

Banksy

Maybe Portugal aren't as good as I thought they were. Ronaldo is a problem, but he's never going to be dropped though.
Slovenia got into attacking positions numerous times too but never looked like scoring.I was already wondering whether they’d misfire on the penalties as well which they duly did.But it makes you wonder how strong Portugal actually are and think they’ll struggle when they come up against a tougher opponent.( Bit like dear old England in fact .)

denzel

There were around 100 there for the last game.
It has not taken off as it did the last time the club showed England games at SJP on big screen in 2018.
Sp*tlight were showing the 'scenes' from Home Park yesterday. Didn't look that well attended there either.
Not the clubs fault, just difficult to get into it at the moment and the times aren't helping.
I reckon Saturday at 5pm will be a popular time though