• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Evan's to Hartlepool?

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Re: Ched Evans

Can't say I've seen another one, never mind then.
Well there's the "Evan's to Hartlepool" one in 'Top to Bottom football' (which is where this one should be as it's nothing to do with City) plus one titled "Ched Evans" also in 'Top to Bottom football'.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Quite so, Mr Moxey, quite so.

motorservices

**** it, tbh he has served his time and is now free to do whatever he wants and play for who ever will pay him

If he was a mccd's worker it wouldnt matter a jot

some people have double standards i dont, plimuffs keeper killed 2 kids, he can play on, Evans had sex with a woman off her face (who cant remember it) yet hes not allowed to play anymore? FFS have a word with yourself

Ive been shot down plenty of times for my opinion of plimuffs keeper, if he can continue in the game then so can Evans

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
If he wins his appeal then suddenly loads of clubs will be after him.

I'd happily see him at Exeter. Having read a bit about his case I wouldn't be surprised to see his appeal be successful.

Antony Moxey

**** it, tbh he has served his time and is now free to do whatever he wants and play for who ever will pay him

If he was a mccd's worker it wouldnt matter a jot

some people have double standards i dont, plimuffs keeper killed 2 kids, he can play on, Evans had sex with a woman off her face (who cant remember it) yet hes not allowed to play anymore? FFS have a word with yourself

Ive been shot down plenty of times for my opinion of plimuffs keeper, if he can continue in the game then so can Evans
Who said he can't play? Like you say, he can play for whoever wants to pay his wages, but if no-one wants to do that then tough on him - no-one's forced to employ him, perhaps, FFS, he might have thought to have had a word with himself beforehand instead of thinking that because he was a professional footballer earning the average annual salary a week he was somehow immune to the laws of the land. Well now he's finding out that he isn't.

And all this guff that people spout 'if he did this for a living' or 'if he did that for a living' it wouldn't matter - perhaps I'd beg to differ. I don't suppose MaccyD's would be particularly keen to employ a convicted rapist - I don't suppose there are many industries that would be welcoming him with open arms.

So yes, you're right, he's free to do whatever he wants. Trouble is, will he ever find anyone willing to indulge his new found freedom?

motorservices

If he wins his appeal then suddenly loads of clubs will be after him.

I'd happily see him at Exeter. Having read a bit about his case I wouldn't be surprised to see his appeal be successful.
agreed, i fully expect it will be successful, some have gone OTT about him, convicted yes, but had they taken the time to read the reports then i would have said there opinion may have been different, from the outset ive always thought if she 'couldnt' remember saying yes then how can she be sure she said NO

lots of people will look a little silly when it gets over turned

and as heartless as it sounds (and i dont mean it to be) if she was that smashed she cant remember saying yes then please tell me how she is able to remember what he did to her, its not like he drove in the back of them over the speed limit....................

motorservices

So yes, you're right,

he's free to do whatever he wants. Trouble is, will he ever find anyone willing to indulge his new found freedom?
i normally am yes.

and id also go so far to say there are lots of clubs that would give him a contract, ive said along (when he was first released) id have him at Exeter, he scores for fun, yes he prob is a massive ****, but lots of footballers are

Antony Moxey

and id also go so far to say there are lots of clubs that would give him a contract, ive said along (when he was first released) id have him at Exeter, he scores for fun, yes he prob is a massive ****, but lots of footballers are
I doubt very much that there are lots of clubs that would give him a contract - no-one has so far. But besides that, whilst the likes of you would welcome him with open arms, clubs have to look at the bigger picture. Look how many signed a petition - and we know how effective they are - to have him not resigned by Sheffield United, there are plenty of supporters who couldn't bring themselves to continue supporting their team if he signed - perhaps the weight of opposition would be such that it would be detrimental to the club to sign him, even from his prospective team mates, let alone people who work at the club and supporters.

Still, at least we know that if no-one offers him a contract in football there's an opening waiting for him at your garage - I'm sure your lady customers will be delighted.

motorservices

I doubt very much that there are lots of clubs that would give him a contract - no-one has so far. But besides that, whilst the likes of you would welcome him with open arms, clubs have to look at the bigger picture. Look how many signed a petition - and we know how effective they are - to have him not resigned by Sheffield United, there are plenty of supporters who couldn't bring themselves to continue supporting their team if he signed - perhaps the weight of opposition would be such that it would be detrimental to the club to sign him, even from his prospective team mates, let alone people who work at the club and supporters.

Still, at least we know that if no-one offers him a contract in football there's an opening waiting for him at your garage - I'm sure your lady customers will be delighted.

haha, petitions, didnt you claim the Tisdale one HAD NO EFFECT whatsoever??

So your opinion is anyone that breaks the law isnt allowed to ever work again, christ, i hope you havent got any speeding offences (ever) as that would make you a complete hypocrite (not to mention tart)

doubt he is level 3+ trained to work on new VWs, and if he is then he will have to complete refreshers, if he is then why not, he can earn me ££££ per hour, which is win win, id be happy to earn off him

Im really looking forward to your statement when he has it over turned, i have a feeling alot of people will change there view on him

Antony Moxey

So your opinion is anyone that breaks the law isnt allowed to ever work again
No it isn't, and if you read what I've written again you'll see I say no such thing. Of course he's free to work wherever he likes, but the bit you seem to fail to grasp is it isn't up to him, it's up to prospective employers who more than likely don't want to be associated with such a highly public convicted rapist. Plus, whether you like it or not, there are plenty of people who wouldn't continue to support their team if he was signed. The clubs also have to look at the sort of publicity being associated with him would generate, and I would suspect that many would consider it not worth the risk.

As for my views on him, to be honest conviction or no conviction, he seems to be a particularly odious individual with little to no moral code or sense of right and wrong. I wouldn't think him being found innocent would change that view.