• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Everything in the ECFC Garden is now Rosy - is it official?.

citydrinker

2 minute hobble from the nearest pub. Or in it.
Personally I doubt it, but 2 away wins are reasons to be cheerful. Lets hope that part 3 happens on Saturday.

Yes GreasyIan I will be there. No fanfare.

Interesting to see one or two occasional posters arriving in a small cluster to diss Exeweb and pour scorn, not only on the regular naysayers, but seemingly on anyone purporting to be an ECFC supporter who has a dissenting view from theirs.

Step forward suffolklad. Your intolerance of others views on the "10 reasons..." thread is frankly bizarre.

You say that you are all for differing views in reply to "Avening Posse", but then wind up by saying about those people with differing views that "Ha maybe that's it! they don't have a mind / brain, maybe their so full of their own **** and importance that they are simply not capable of another understanding all they are capable of is contempt and to put it bluntly s..t."

How odd. You could also be talking about yourself,

Sad really.

Why be so horrible?.

For the record. Although I have issues with off field matters at our club, I will be fully behind City on Saturday. I am looking forward to being positive come 5 o'clock.

Geddon lads!.

Red Lion

I'm over the moon with 7/9 points. Should have been 9/9 but for disastrous defending against Oxford.
I was pleased with the way we played in our last home match (obviously apart from the goal we let in).

Still wouldn't say all is rosy by a long way.

All been said before, we need to start winning at home. I'd take winning ugly to be honest at the moment. It's probably too big an ask to make SJP a fortress, but I'd like to see us not revert to trying to defend 0-0 for 70 minutes, at which stage we're losing then throwing everything but the kitchen sink at them for the last 20, by which time we've usually run out of steam.

Anyway, the Plymtree and Bradninch Massive will be on the BB on Saturday getting right behind the team.

As a wise man once said "Geddon lads!." :)

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nicholls has made a world of diference to our team. He leaves we`ll still be improved on early season form. but at best We`ll take a step back.

Grecian_In_Exile

Very well known Exeweb poster
Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
There are a couple of roses that have recently bloomed, however the garden is still full of horse manure, we still have a board who are taking funds away from the playing budget, we still have amanager on a 2 year roller we are incapable of ousting, and we're 4th from bottom, not 4th from top.

Pete Martin (CTID)

There are a couple of roses that have recently bloomed, however the garden is still full of horse manure, we still have a board who are taking funds away from the playing budget, we still have amanager on a 2 year roller we are incapable of ousting, and we're 4th from bottom, not 4th from top.
But we're also just 6 points (2 x wins) off the playoffs. ;)

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe the answer is that, for 110 years, the Exeter City garden has rarely been entirely full of rosy blooms nor utterly devoid of even a single, cheery daisy.

What I do know is that it doesn't help if all the Exeter City gardeners down tools and desert the Exeter City garden in order to bake cakes inside while shouting out of the kitchen window about how crap the garden has become...

My view is as follows:

THE TRUST say they have got it, and will work harder to build bridges between club and fans. Roger has left too, of course. Time for the Trust to deliver on their promise - their 11 year old promise - to make us feel like we own our football club.

THE CLUB have agreed to work more closely with the Trust including big changes to the Board. The Chief Exec and Chairman have both left, which strikes me as good news and I hope the former is not replaced and the latter is replaced in an unpaid, accountable role.

THE TEAM have got challenges, with another competitive looking division - no obvious basket cases, are there? - and the bookies had made us favourites for relegation 'on paper' even before our slow start to the season. It's going to be tough, I think, and the chances of wall to wall rosiness still seem slim to me.

paperclip

I'm not sure that 20th place in League Two and the financial issues the club is still facing means that all is 'rosy', however things seem to be improving, and I look forward to witnessing some of this new attacking style of football that I have heard so much about in the past week (although have yet to witness as I can only attend home games) against Bury on Saturday.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Only great performances - and wins - at home can stop the rot. Nothing else.

Even Gerry Francis picked up 7 points from 9 at this stage of the season, and that included two convincing away wins

suffolklad

Personally I doubt it, but 2 away wins are reasons to be cheerful. Lets hope that part 3 happens on Saturday.

Yes GreasyIan I will be there. No fanfare.

Interesting to see one or two occasional posters arriving in a small cluster to diss Exeweb and pour scorn, not only on the regular naysayers, but seemingly on anyone purporting to be an ECFC supporter who has a dissenting view from theirs.

Step forward suffolklad. Your intolerance of others views on the "10 reasons..." thread is frankly bizarre.

You say that you are all for differing views in reply to "Avening Posse", but then wind up by saying about those people with differing views that "Ha maybe that's it! they don't have a mind / brain, maybe their so full of their own **** and importance that they are simply not capable of another understanding all they are capable of is contempt and to put it bluntly s..t."

How odd. You could also be talking about yourself,

Sad really.

Why be so horrible?.

For the record. Although I have issues with off field matters at our club, I will be fully behind City on Saturday. I am looking forward to being positive come 5 o'clock.

Geddon lads!.
If If! you have read my POSTS you will understand that open discussion with valid argument all I want. Instant one word slagging off of a poster or who they comment on is not and its these so called exeweb "fans" and so called city supporters who for no other reason visit exeweb to have a perverse argument and cause trouble is what I comment on.
Just a point but try being positive at 3o'clock rather than 5.

geoffwp

Maybe the answer is that, for 110 years, the Exeter City garden has rarely been entirely full of rosy blooms nor utterly devoid of even a single, cheery daisy.

What I do know is that it doesn't help if all the Exeter City gardeners down tools and desert the Exeter City garden in order to bake cakes inside while shouting out of the kitchen window about how crap the garden has become...

My view is as follows:

THE TRUST say they have got it, and will work harder to build bridges between club and fans. Roger has left too, of course. Time for the Trust to deliver on their promise - their 11 year old promise - to make us feel like we own our football club.

THE CLUB have agreed to work more closely with the Trust including big changes to the Board. The Chief Exec and Chairman have both left, which strikes me as good news and I hope the former is not replaced and the latter is replaced in an unpaid, accountable role.

THE TEAM have got challenges, with another competitive looking division - no obvious basket cases, are there? - and the bookies had made us favourites for relegation 'on paper' even before our slow start to the season. It's going to be tough, I think, and the chances of wall to wall rosiness still seem slim to me.
As always Alan, a well thought out post for a very balanced view.