• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City FC Vs Derby County FC - Matchday Thread

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Seems like we’ve given up on the matchday thread titles too, first argyle, now this.

Take a good hard look in the mirror, Tom.

Buzzing for this game though, driving down from Derby this morning for a long afternoon in our fair city, lunch at Gloucester services, hog roast tea in Red Square, 4-0 win then back home!
Safe Journey Fred lets hope the 90 Mins of Football doesnt spoil your day - UTC

lamrobhero

Did we play them at home in a friendly once? Distinctly remember Dave Mackay playing at SJP .
I saw Dave Mackay play for Swindon at SJP in a pre season friendly along with Don Rogers.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I saw Dave Mackay play for Swindon at SJP in a pre season friendly along with Don Rogers.
Could've been. Remember his barrel chest.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Derby have sold out
Great news.

Should be a cracking atmosphere tonight then

tom_ecfc

Great news.

Should be a cracking atmosphere tonight then
They will be looking for a win, which will leave gaps open for us. Don’t think Stanno will start, was grabbing his knee at the end of the Argyle game whilst clapping the Big Bank. Would like to see Cox start again.

Martin Weiler

Did we play them at home in a friendly once? Distinctly remember Dave Mackay playing at SJP .

TOP_CITY_FAN

We played them in a friendly in 2009 too, as part of the Dean Moxey transfer. Lost 3-1 at SJP

Martin Weiler

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
They will be looking for a win, which will leave gaps open for us. Don’t think Stanno will start, was grabbing his knee at the end of the Argyle game whilst clapping the Big Bank. Would like to see Cox start again.
Fingers crossed we can exploit them tonight and get something from the game. I Have a feeling we will win tonight in similar fashion to the Barnsley game.

tom_ecfc

A new feature we are working on (in progress) on the Grecian Archive is ’Head to Head’. Linked is our record against Derby County. Clicking on the date will take you to the match report. (2022/23 match reports will be released at the end of the season).