• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Bolton Wanderers Matchday Thread

Krux_SW

Well done to SGC and the lads 👏🏻 great point! UTC

JGrecian23

Good point. Awful first half, one of the worst I've seen and I say that every home game. 5 amazing minutes from Sonny lit up a dull day.

Amazing how every now and then lumping a ball and winning a flick-on can lead to a goal isn't it. Stick that in your tactics book Gary.

As usual his substitutions ruined the game and cost us 2 points but I'll take a point.

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
The bizarre thing about the second half was there were no change in personnel, set up or tactics. The difference was just intent. We were just so much more aggressive in our press, quicker to the ball and had more belief in what we were doing. Scoring just a handful of seconds in did help though.
No, I'm sorry, this is nonsense. Caldwell told the players to be ultra defensive in the first half and do their best to stop Bolton scoring. Despite having regular chats with Tom Carroll throughout the first half, the stubborn bugger refused to change his tactics with the result that we went in one goal down and people were seriously considering going home, the football was so predictably boring. After a player revolt in the dressing room at half time, he was forced to concede that his approach had been wrong, and instructed them to player faster, quicker and more direct. If he'd only adopted this approach earlier in the season we might be looking at the play offs by now.

arthur

Good point. Awful first half, one of the worst I've seen and I say that every home game. 5 amazing minutes from Sonny lit up a dull day.

Amazing how every now and then lumping a ball and winning a flick-on can lead to a goal isn't it. Stick that in your tactics book Gary.

As usual his substitutions ruined the game and cost us 2 points but I'll take a point.
thoughts and prayers, etc..

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster

You just can't help yourself can you. Just accept performances and a great point earned for once instead of spouting the bile at the end. Your better than that .....

arthur

You just can't help yourself can you. Just accept performances and a great point earned for once instead of spouting the bile at the end. Your better than that .....
Do you have any evidence to back up this assertion?

grecIAN Harris

No he's not.

JGrecian23

Accept what? We had a chance to win that, Bolton were poor in the 2nd half and their keeper was a shambles. Was crying out for Harper and Rankine on the counter but he kept Niskanen and Harris and a knackered Aitchison there which let them right back in it.

Sorry but I look a little deeper than we got a point so Caldwell must be great.

Enjoy your celebrations tonight.

We8Argyle

Great point, credit to SGC.

SAFE. AS. HOUSES.

grecIAN Harris

Accept what? We had a chance to win that, Bolton were poor in the 2nd half and their keeper was a shambles. Was crying out for Harper and Rankine on the counter but he kept Niskanen and Harris and a knackered Aitchison there which let them right back in it.

Sorry but I look a little deeper than we got a point so Caldwell must be great.

Enjoy your celebrations tonight.
Harris had to stay on you clown otherwise Woods would have been playing in central midfield on his own after Carroll went off injured. Or would you sooner have one of our wingers playing there?