• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Cambridge United Official Matchday Thread

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Kind offer manc. Lowest over night temperature here was 1c, and at some point after that it rained. It's currently 7c, but feels colder because the wind, which is currently from S is turning round to SSW, and that will strengthen the gusts. Apart from the trace overnight, we've had no rain in the last 24 hours. t's 70% light grey cloud cover, and vestiges of cloudless sky are filling in with cloud drifting in. I'd expect it to be completely overcast by kick off, and maybe a spot or two of light rain, but the real rain will come this evening.
As to the match, who knows? I'd be a lot happeier of some of this talk of an impending signing were a reality, and that that signing was a bustling, muscular mid 20's player who could score with either foot. Dream on!
Update at 13:00
Would it be an inconvenience for you to go round to manc's front garden and give us an update? Not sure I trust manc, he's just trying to wind us up.

JGrecian23

'Lots of sun out'?? I live in central Exeter. It's been uniform slate grey skies since I woke at 7am this morning. It is much milder, but no sunshine.
Cold but sunny 10 miles south. Had hoped the ground was experiencing the same. Gutted.

Now it's raining here and black skies so my optimism has gone.

grecIAN Harris

It's a bit much like everywhere else in Winkleigh...........green under foot and very grey above.

denzel

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Exeter City have not scored in the opening 15 minutes of a league game at St James Park since Tim Dieng struck the opening goal in a 2-2 League Two draw with Walsall way back on October 2, 2021. Not just a Gary thing then?
www.devonlive.com/sport/football/football-news/exeter-city-wanting-fast-start-9045220
Exeter City wanting a fast start against Cambridge United - Devon Live

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Loving the short sleeves Chaz - Big message to the ref there!!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
He's not wearing much, surely it's not that warm? :)

Alistair20000

He's not wearing much, surely it's not that warm? :)
Chaz always wears his shorts. Tough as nails is Chaz. (y)

My information is that he skis in shorts and a T shirt

manc grecian

Ground still a bit hard in my front garden

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ground still a bit hard in my front garden
When is the ref coming round for the inspection ?