• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Carlisle Utd matchday thread

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
We seem to be almost back to square one with the tannoy. The 'break-up' is often so bad it is painful to listen too.
It's the return of Norman Collier at last. Our season is saved.

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
I saw him lose a lot of aerial duels in the first fifteen minutes, which surprised me, but things subsequently improved...
I noticed that when he did win duels he wasn't playing 'head tennis' but often knocking them down and to the side.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I saw him lose a lot of aerial duels in the first fifteen minutes, which surprised me, but things subsequently improved...
" a lot" ? Nah.

Spoonz Red E

Those kind of break ups aren't generally due to tannoy failure.
It's often mic technique and / or input limiters being wrongly set causing a trip.

Red red

Really? It's interesting how we all see the game differently as I thought he was poor today. No lack of effort but gave the ball away over and over again, attempted a chip down the line to Rankine and chipped it straight into touch, and put himself in trouble a few times with a poor first touch. That's what I saw anyway.
Aitchson was my mom today also. He battles and runs his socks off yes he makes the odd misplaced pass but don’t they all

andrew p long

Collier was an unused sub yesterday. He's been appalling of late. I didn't want to damage the lad's confidence by mentioning this, but there was a recent game where two minutes after his introduction there was a goal - to the opposition, a genuine own goal!

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Apologies if this has already been mentioned here but Kite is off to Bristol Rovers
Not heard that ....... :)

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Who’d have thought we would have the largest attendance in L1 yesterday (Lack of games & big boys not at home helped).

6,420 - Exeter v Carlisle
5,993 - Port Vale v Charlton
5,561 - Cheltenham v Portsmouth
4,045 - Fleetwood v Derby
3,044 - Burton v Wycombe
The Chiefs were also at home and had 14k spectators. I'm amazed our attendance held up as well as it did.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't think he could have done much with the goal tbh, however he's not the best with his distribution. Also, when he gets the ball why does he always insist on running out as quick as he can to the edge of the area as if he's going to play it quick and then very rarely play the ball? The odd times he does play it quick it either goes out or he blames the player for not controlling it (like he did with Sonny yesterday)! He needs to calm down a bit! But hey, he's good on social media so the fans love him 🤣
His distribution with his feet yesterday was bloody good for the most part.

Red red

Rumour strong up here in south Glos about Harry Kite