• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Charlton Athletic Matchday thread.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Shame as we were up with the 50polnt crowd

Mid Devon Grecian

Another game decided by the difference in quality on the bench which, much as many don't like to admit it, ultimately comes down to the difference in budget.
Yes, Alli looks out of his depth, Eisa off the pace. Whereas the fire power Charlton brought on was impressive. Am sure Jones will have them in the promotion frame next year.

arthur

Typical passionless spring time game. Neither side deserved to win - lots of misplaced passes from both teams. They seemed to win more tackles than we did. Harris missed a sitter for the second game running. Wildschut effective which was good. Er, that's it...

grecianred

Well I managed to get a ticket. I think perhaps a draw about right. Charlton were always going to bring on Aneke and Ladapo second half and lump it.

Woods was excellent and on performances like we should do all we can to sign him. The back three generally coped well although the distribution at times from Sinisalo and Aimson left a lot to be desired.

Have to say I thought our attackers werent brave enough in key moments. Too many tentative passes or indeed extra ones when the opening was there.

Im not sure about the negativity on twitter and here. I've seen us play way way worse against inferior opposition many times this season. Theres the makings of a good team here.

Mid Devon Grecian

Typical passionless spring time game. Neither side deserved to win - lots of misplaced passes from both teams. They seemed to win more tackles than we did. Harris missed a sitter for the second game running. Wildschut effective which was good. Er, that's it...
Woods was excellent.

Edna Clouds

ok cheers - after everything we still seem very poor up front - we miss Mitchell so much - Rankine though seems to be much more of threat than when he first came here..hes def improved..
Rankine wasn't as good as Wildchild who he relaced. I have to say I've been impressed by Yannic the last two games. Harris IMO should have been replaced by Cole much earlier.

crocks

It was the front 3 that was the least effective for City. The rest were pretty good

manc grecian

Probably a fair result. We're a weird side who seem to have two ten minute bursts in us per game where we look like scoring.

Too many times where we picked the wrong pass or couldn't play the right pass at all especially in the second half.

Eisa and Alli offered little when they came on. Alli especially looks a way off league one.

Yanic had a decent game but I'm convinced his lungs fell out at one point.

Charlton lots of decent strikers but zero creativity to make chances for them and an away following big in numbers but small in noise.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Disappointing to concede late on but, got to say, I enjoyed the game. Different City today playing on the front foot and even crossing it in from corners.

Bridgy 81

Alli looks out of his depth
Alli especially looks a way off league one.
Too soon for this judgement in my opinion.
He jumped two divisions when he came to us and in mid-season.
With more time to bed in and a full pre-season I reckon he could prove a right old handful.