• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Grimsby Town 11/11/11 Match Day Thread.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great save by Pym. They are threatening now

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
On the downside Torquay and Bradford both losing at home.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
That was a really enjoyable half for City fans. Much less if you're a Grimsby fan. We weren't brilliant but we dominated throughout, except for a few minutes around the 40 minute mark. Encouraging to see Liam McAinden causing problems, a great touch and turn on him, and as I said Boateng has looked more comfortable in central mid than he has so far.

The opposition really aren't up to much (YET) and there does seem to be a big gulf in class in the top half and the bottom half of this division on the evidence of games I've seen so far this season (ie just about all the league games except for about 40 minutes), but we have been well organised and quick to move, unlike sometimes in recent games. Looking forward to the second half when as usual I will post a lot less and make sure I don't miss anything while doing so.

Last edited:

contrabombarde

3854 Attendance

Last edited:

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
That was a really enjoyable half for City fans. Much less if you're a Grimsby fan. We weren't brilliant but we dominated throughout, except for a few minutes around the 40 minute mark. Encouraging to see Liam McAinden causing problems, a great touch and turn on him, and as I said Boateng has looked more comfortable in central mid than he has so far.

The opposition really aren't up to much (YET) and there does seem to be a big gulf in class in the top half and the bottom half of this division on the evidence of games I've seen so far this season (ie just about all the league games except for about 40 minutes), but we have been well organised and quick to move, unlike sometimes in recent games. Looking forward to the second half when as usual I will post a lot less and make sure I don't miss anything while doing so.
Is he getting a bit more licence to get forward? Last week when I watched him it seemed to me that he wasn't getting enough licence to get forward.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ian, at first he seemed to be sitting back when we went forward, then late on in the half he got forward to good effect on a couple of occasions. He slipped a lovely ball through to Liam through the legs of the central defender effectively setting up a shooting chance for McAlinden about 14 yards out but he couldn't turn quick enough to shoot

scottus86

A massive improvement on in recent weeks and it's no surprise that mcalinden and Holmes are playing. They link the midfield and strikers so well and that's what has been missing.

IndoMike

I have to say that you do a good job keeping us well-informed on the matches Anty so thanks for that.

Legohead

Banned
On the downside Torquay and Bradford both losing at home.
I'm perfectly happy that Torquay are losing although not to happy that Bradford are.

IndoMike

Clearly Tis gave every chance for the R&S combination to work but hopefully it's clicked that it won't. But not a bad situation at all to have Stockley and Reid fighting for a place. Healthy competition.

Last edited: