• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Lincoln City Matchday Thread.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yea feeling really much more positive tonight but concerned by the injury of Reece Cole didn’t look good utc
Yeah…Should give the players a much needed boost also.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
After being at the game, reading the thread on the train home & watching GC's interview I fear we may have lost Cole with a broken ankle (the screams of pain he gave out whilst trying to hobble back from offside as directed by GC were clearly audible from just the other side of the half way line in Doble Stand and the fact he couldn't load bear on way off), Aitch with a groin (hope it wasn't close to hernia repair) & Harper for a while which almost sends us back 3 weeks in terms of player availability till Xmas.
This coupled with the card happiness of the ref today which could speed up loss of fit players under totting up will make us even weeker.
Guess we can be be prepared to bite down harder as us Grecians experience fighting for our future.
UTC
PS Sonny Cox needs recalling now

grecIAN Harris

Used to live just up the road from there at RAF Valley.;)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Rosencrantz

That's easy for you to say.
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.

There, easy 🙂.

Can't be bothered to read through more Lemminggate because I'm sure there's plenty of you jumping off the cliff edge but my tenpenneth for what it's worth, there was an improvement in tempo today bought about by a huge reduction in the amount of unnecersery passes across the back which meant we got the ball further forward quicker. We showed very sporadic signs of playing in the manner we were used to early in the season. The move that lead to Scott's header in the dying embers of the first half a case in point and there were a few others. Defensively in the middle of the park we were a shambles. Lincoln seemed to find space and pick passes at will during the first half but for all that still created little, proof being that the goal aside (which came from Aimson's mistake rather than their creation) Vil had one comfortable save to make when he turned a shot around the post for a corner and the absolute sitter in they manage to smash against the crossbar when it was easier to take touch, make a cup of tea and then roll the ball into the net. Compare that to Muskwe, Scott and Mitchell all having chances that they really, really should have scored. Caldwell's triple substitution and the switch of wing for Mitchell gave us more impetous and purpose and we ended the game looking the more likely of the two sides to win. It wasn't pretty by any stretch of the imagination but for me it was an improvement on last weekend and certainly, from what I gather, a massive improvement on Derby. More importantly it has broken the streak and we now have two free hits in both cup competitions to try and build on it without too much repercussion.
If you search lemminggate into google, it’s very nearly a google whack (one result) the first link is exeweb, it is only let down by a story about Huxley an old dog jumping out a window…

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
If you search lemminggate into google, it’s very nearly a google whack (one result) the first link is exeweb, it is only let down by a story about Huxley an old dog jumping out a window…
Impressively quick indexing by Google.

Bridgy 81

I only left Derby yesterday.
No not wiping the tears away just other things we wanted to do in that area.
Drove from Derby to Leighton Buzzard yesterday, for some family business, then home from there today.
When I broke our journey this afternoon the other side of Swindon we were one nil down.
Then my wife started giving me updates through her phone during the second half.
We seemed to play better and obviously equalized to get our first point for ages.
So if anyone wants to chip in for my time and fuel I’ll consider driving to Swindon and back for our next match.

iscalad

I only left Derby yesterday.
No not wiping the tears away just other things we wanted to do in that area.
Drove from Derby to Leighton Buzzard yesterday, for some family business, then home from there today.
When I broke our journey this afternoon the other side of Swindon we were one nil down.
Then my wife started giving me updates through her phone during the second half.
We seemed to play better and obviously equalized to get our first point for ages.
So if anyone wants to chip in for my time and fuel I’ll consider driving to Swindon and back for our next match.
Hmm, thinking about it.

Pmc grecian

Can't be bothered to read through more Lemminggate because I'm sure there's plenty of you jumping off the cliff edge but my tenpenneth for what it's worth, there was an improvement in tempo today bought about by a huge reduction in the amount of unnecersery passes across the back which meant we got the ball further forward quicker. We showed very sporadic signs of playing in the manner we were used to early in the season. The move that lead to Scott's header in the dying embers of the first half a case in point and there were a few others. Defensively in the middle of the park we were a shambles. Lincoln seemed to find space and pick passes at will during the first half but for all that still created little, proof being that the goal aside (which came from Aimson's mistake rather than their creation) Vil had one comfortable save to make when he turned a shot around the post for a corner and the absolute sitter in they manage to smash against the crossbar when it was easier to take touch, make a cup of tea and then roll the ball into the net. Compare that to Muskwe, Scott and Mitchell all having chances that they really, really should have scored. Caldwell's triple substitution and the switch of wing for Mitchell gave us more impetous and purpose and we ended the game looking the more likely of the two sides to win. It wasn't pretty by any stretch of the imagination but for me it was an improvement on last weekend and certainly, from what I gather, a massive improvement on Derby. More importantly it has broken the streak and we now have two free hits in both cup competitions to try and build on it without too much repercussion.
Spot on utc