• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Oxford United Matchday Thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Grecian Tom

Really need a win tonight. I don't want to sound too optimistic but we are still within a shout. Fail to win tonight and this season is a complete write off

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
Forgot to start the thread at midnight in another clutching at straws attempt to continue my personal unbeaten run this season. Sorry gents.

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wonder what tonight will bring at the Park as in my view our play-off chances have now gone down the toilet. We are just playing for respectability! It would be nice to see Liam Sercombe back at St James Park. I hope he gets a warm welcome back. I have already told him jokingly not to score against us! We need to be careful of Kemar Roofe because he is a big threat in front of goal. He doesn't need more than one opportunity to bang it in. We also need to be wary of Liam as Michael Appleton as the Oxford manager likes to play him in a more attacking role which we didn't give him the chance to do. See you all later.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
They've just signed George Waring, a striker on emergency loan. Eligible to play tonight. https://www.instagram.com/p/BCINFSrq4Xf/

oxford don

Sadly ( in some respects ) I wont be joining you all this evening at the park...I have a once in a lifetime opportunity to watch one of the best football teams the world has ever seen..... the Mighty Barcelona.

It was a difficult decision but I will be with you in spirit.

I'm afraid the travelling money I would spend is going on £5.00 an away win lucky fifteen...Barcelona, Bolton, Oldham, & Oxford or Bollox for short.. which is probably what you will be served up tonight (rofl)

If the bet comes in I'm going to by out the trust and sack Tisdale.. put Neil Warnock in charge...guarantee Championship football in three years.

have a nice evening all.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Travelling up for this one, time to show us what you can do City.

David Treharne

Temperature today reached 10c, but is rapidly dropping as we have an 80% clear sky which suggests that it will be cold later, probably just above 0c. However there's only a gentle breeze which should allow both sides to play decent football if that's what they choose to do. I've been really disappointed by our performance in front of goal over the last few games, and I hope that doesn't happen tonight, especially as Liam (if playing) will certainly want to put in a good shift in front of home fans. Not too confident about this one - but it should improve after a couple of pints in the bottle bar.

Last edited:

TotnesGrecian

Can't see it happening tonight, 1-3

After Saturday's show, Tisdale sent to the stands..

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Starting Xi

Olejnik, Harley, Holmes, Davies, Nicholls, Moore-Taylor (capt), Wheeler, Tillson, Grant, Stockley, Brown.