• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Oxford United Matchday Thread

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
What a shame the stuff on the pitch is dreadful.
What? The sand? We wouldn't even need it if they didn't keep using the sprinklers.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
What? The sand? We wouldn't even need it if they didn't keep using the sprinklers.
Be better off turning it into a beach. Put the sprinklers on and call it a water park.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I can't see that we have anyone inspiring on the bench that can change things around.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
We need to get 11 more points and quickly. Meantime a 6 nil defeat would surely see a repeat of what happened to one of our more successful managers Brian Godfrey. Incidentally what the heck is going on with Noble and Hoskins who was supposedly playing himself back to fitness?

fred binneys head

Come on, look on the bright side, Oxford winning will help to keep Argyle down in League 2. Accrington and Northampton also winning.

Berkshire exile

Many are employed with performance related pay- a low base and the rest related to performance- after going to Wycombe and then the home game against Newport last saturday it strikes me the whole team should be on performance related remuneration- don't think any of them would survive in the motor industry and certainly would be only on the base - In many organisations enthusiasm and success cascades down from the top - after watching the aforementioned games we don't have much of either in all ways

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Apparently losing 2-0 is okay, because Oxford are a better team!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Jake Taylor and Clinton Morrison on for City, with Jayden Stockley and Joel Grant off.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
His job is safer than whoever is responsible for blowing up the Didcot power station!
Please please move on, I want to start looking forward to Saturday's again
Me too both my wife and myself are long term season ticket holders but to be honest the purchase for the last few seasons has been a total waste of money. In the past nothing short of illness would have stopped us going to the games but both of us are now heartedly sick of the dross being dished up by the team at SJP over the last 3 or 4 seasons.

LOG

And now we're having to listen to Argyle. Can tonight get any better?