• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Sheffield Wednesday Matchday Thread

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Exactly, but the question to be asked is, do they get up every 50 minutes during the night for a fag, i said FAG!
Maybe the addictive need is less during sleep but this is not something I know anything about.

KentGrecian

Are 'sell outs' arguably a less enjoyable match day experience?

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
why?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Because you can't get a pasty, the atmosphere is an anti climax, and you're subjected to vape fumes throughout the match. :LOL:

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Smoking & vaping aren't allowed but there were still plenty of both on the BB yesterday. The man in the black & white Zig Zag wooly hat by the Thatchers sign at the railway end, who openly puffed his vapor poison into the atmosphere, together with the man in the red bobble hat a bit further towards the centre and near the front. If you can't go 50 minutes without a drag then you've really got problems! Or is it just a snub to 'Authority'?
Do you spend matchdays in the control room peering at cctv screens looking for miscreants then Andy ? :cool:

Cowshed Grecian

For god sake…yep let’s go back to 3,500 again.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
More crowded than usual on the bit of the Bank where I stand too. Also my brother and his mates didn't turn up yesterday as their train was cancelled late on, there was a tree down on the line from Barnstaple. Now I can't say whether there were many Grecians on there, I suspect there were more than a few, and my brother's gang are ST holders so would have been counted in, so I'd say there were far more than the usual amount of no-shows. Seemed from what I could see with the sun in my eyes and from the footage that there was plenty of room in the Stanno too.
Perhaps it might be useful for the club to announce how many season ticket holders have been included in the attendance but not actually made it to the game, if only to stop this endless speculation every time we get a big crowd.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Really enjoyed the game on Saturday, really even first half but we were brilliant in the second. We are superb when we play with high intensity and really have a go at teams.

A real shame we didn't get our deserved win but we will probably pick up lucky points here and there this season, it all evens out over the course of a season generally.

RE the 'sell out', that's the most space I've had in the BB in months. Sell outs used to be crammed in like sardines unable to move and you daren't go for a pee because you'll never find your mates again.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A few more angles of the Caprice goal

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hopefully his goals will be like buses.