• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Shrewsbury Matchday Thread 28th Nov 2023. k.o. 7:45 and 9:45.

John William

Very well known Exeweb poster
You can always get an idea of the crowd from the 50/50 ticket prize and £600 does not reflect a 5k+ crowd.
Disagree. I'd say 50:50 prize is (unscientifically, I haven't done detailed research) usually about 12-13% of the attendance number. Slightly lower for midweek games.

The numbers are here:

📝 50/50: Wigan Athletic 4/11/23) - News - Exeter City FC

I think this supports +/- 12% but I've got to pop out, anyone want to do the mapping against attendances?

However, it's true that ST holders are counted even if they don't attend and there tends to be more of these for midweeks games.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
From one or 2 later posts it appears that those with Caldwell out posters were "stewarded out" - the TV showed 2 guys with a poster who I know to be staunch city fans / volunteers for many years but halfway through 2nd half commentary team said poster had gone. If stewarding out was practiced last night it just shows what a sham the supposed "Fan Owned" unique selling point and the Trust Board / Club have again acted against their own stated "listening" policy. I know we used to be proud to have a Red Square but bringing oppressive tactics to stop Trust members voicing their opinions is awfull.

paperclip

Loads of empty spaces in my block which is almost all season ticket holders bar a few seats

Nowhere near 5k last night
I noticed a lot of Uni students stood on the BB last night, can't imagine they are attending due to our sparkling run of recent form so it's not too hard to reach the conclusion they have been offered free or discounted tickets to improve crowd numbers

iscalad

I had the same worry about my £5 in Bridgwater.
I'm not surprised.

tonykellowfan

Aitchison was very poor last night.

Every time there was a sub I was thinking "thank god he is being taken off" and he stayed on for the full 90 minutes!

tom_ecfc

I noticed a lot of Uni students stood on the BB last night, can't imagine they are attending due to our sparkling run of recent form so it's not too hard to reach the conclusion they have been offered free or discounted tickets to improve crowd numbers
IMG_0956.jpeg
IMG_0955.jpeg

paperclip

I've read quite a few posts stating the players put a good shift in last night, but surely effort is just a pre-requisite of being paid very good money to play football as your profession?

No doubt last night was better than Saturday's shambles, but if that squad can't manage to beat a team as poor and injury-ridden as Shrewsbury then I really can't see where our next win is coming from. Half of the other sides in League 1 would have coasted to three points last night at SJP, Caldwell can consider himself very fortunate from his employment point of view that we were up one of the few that were just as poor as us.

Last edited:

iscalad

£6 is a price of a pint these days!
View attachment 13533
Glad I don't frequent the same pubs you do. :)

Grecian Max

Fair few in the stanno too, on their TikTok’s instead of watching Aimson hoofing it

Grecian Max

Aitchison was very poor last night.

Every time there was a sub I was thinking "thank god he is being taken off" and he stayed on for the full 90 minutes!
A word on him actually - a lot of talk about how the dressing room has not been lost but Jack was arguing with everyone - at one point telling Díabate to “just f*<kin move”, giving verbals back to Jules and having a go at Yanic too

Not a happy bunny