• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City VS Mansfield Town Matchday Thread

Lager Lout

Well-known Exeweb poster
I do believe Tisdale at the very start of the season predicted and told fans to 'brace themselves for a season of struggle'. Am I the only one that remembers this??
I recall this and thought at the time it was a ridiculous statement. What motivation does that give the players? What effect does such a statement have on the floating fan?

It's up there with prediction that our goal scoring problems would be "easily rectified". Two years and we're still waiting for that gem to come to fruition.

LL

StixUK

Could have been there all day and the ball wouldn't have gone in.

No complaints with the second half another day 4 would have gone in. As usual though you leave the ground wondering why we are unable to play with that intensity and tempo when the game is 0-0. Maybe we should give the away side a head start giving us 90 mins to chase the game.

Dreadful defending for their goal. Let the ball bounce, all look at each other whilst their player nips into score.

How is wasted on the left and the full backs need more going forward. A partner for Nicholls would be nice too.
Spot on Manc.

Common complaint. Lack of desire until we concede and then we cannot produce the goods.

Gone are the days of Cureton, Harley, Troy, Taylor and Dunne.

We are going to have to suck this season up and hope we don't drift into relegation. As long as we beat the sides around the bottom we should be alright...(he hopes!)

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
The only alternative is for us to score more than them.It could be argued that our defence was good enough to stop them scoring from those other 6 shots.We are sending out a bad message to the other teams here.Score one goal and the opposition grabs all 3 points off us without any worries.
We could have easily been two down in the first 15 mins as we did our usual first half sauntering around.

StixUK

It's not when things go wrong that people get most annoyed.

It's when there is no meaningful explanation that does peoples' goat in!

JayPob94

No result surprises me, and at the start of the season I said I would take a mid table finish, and I'm still 100% positive that is where we will finish.

flakey pasty

Wolfenden has cursed us.

Lager Lout

Well-known Exeweb poster
We are going to have to suck this season up and hope we don't drift into relegation. As long as we beat the sides around the bottom we should be alright...(he hopes!)
Like Mansfield and Bury!!!

LL

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
As soon as Parkin went off we had more urgency and looked like scoring. On another day we would have scored 2 or 3. What annoys me is the fact 6 days ago the exact same players made Torquay look ****e, what's changed?

Really impressed with JMT, looked assured and composed all game and his strength was shown on more than one occasion.

The Mansfield right back is the luckiest person ever that the lino bottled sending him off for headbutting Gow.

StixUK

As soon as Parkin went off we had more urgency and looked like scoring. On another day we would have scored 2 or 3. What annoys me is the fact 6 days ago the exact same players made Torquay look ****e, what's changed?

Really impressed with JMT, looked assured and composed all game and his strength was shown on more than one occasion.

The Mansfield right back is the luckiest person ever that the lino bottled sending him off for headbutting Gow.
So we are performing then?

It's just that are stats never seem to relay that picture...plus Torquay are ****e!

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
We could have easily been two down in the first 15 mins as we did our usual first half sauntering around.
Yes,too much sauntering around instead of busting a gut to force that first goal whatever the cost.It all comes across as too careful and measured at home.Remove the fear and you would see a different scoreline.