• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Newport County - Papa John’s Trophy Match Day Thread

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
That can't be right. No one gives a sh2t about this match.

GrecianHarry

Anyone know if it is 3 or 5 subs?

Red Monster

I know the West Country is in a drought but three and half games
with no goals needs to end in the second half ⚽⚽⚽⚽

After a bright 15 mins for City, Newport looked the more likely and with better finishing should be ahead.

Coley and Chauke struggling to impose in midfield. Too many aimless balls from Diabate.

Our best outlets are the wingbacks. Cox looks more physical than I had remembered.

I saw MT arriving at the ground but its Wayne Carlisle on the bench - much quieter as a result.

Cowshed Grecian

There’s something not quite right with MJ he doesn’t look as sharp as he was, been going on since half way through last season.

Simba3011

After a bright 15 mins for City, Newport looked the more likely and with better finishing should be ahead.

Coley and Chauke struggling to impose in midfield. Too many aimless balls from Diabate.

Our best outlets are the wingbacks. Cox looks more physical than I had remembered.

I saw MT arriving at the ground but its Wayne Carlisle on the bench - much quieter as a result.
1661886185879.png
Maybe MT will join them for the second half

AmberRed

If we get 2/3 more players then our squad is still pretty thin. We have the bare minimum in some positions. Sparkes is our only left back for example? Hardly fringe is he and Why risk him for this? Just play a youth player, the u21s need to play in this now they’ve lost their inclusion in the fa youth cup.
We haven't got an U21 squad, we released them all! The only proper U21s we have are pondy and Nelson ( who are not eligible being out on loan) the rest are U18s (which include Harry and Sonny) and Harry also not eligible being out on loan!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cox looks more physical than I had remembered.
He definitely bulked up this year.

budegrecian

Fairly typical PJT fair; not too much excitement A couple of chances for both sides but a lack of quality when needed. We were better in the first half hour but they finished the stronger.
Jack Sparkes is our best attacking threat and Sonny has certainly developed more of a physical presence.
Harper is just cruising but still makes the game look easy.
Harry Kite again looking extremely assured as RCB.
Kegs getting caught in possession to often and you can see why he isn’t trusted to start in the league.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
We haven't got an U21 squad, we released them all! The only proper U21s we have are pondy and Nelson ( who are not eligible being out on loan) the rest are U18s (which include Harry and Sonny) and Harry also not eligible being out on loan!
Oh dear something else for him to moan about