• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Northampton Town - match day thread

Chief

Bogey team for sure. I’m off for a double drambuie followed by a shed load of Stella, a kebab and a night in the cells.
Extra chilli sauce guvnor.

onemansview

My home is Chesterfield but my heart is in Tokyo
I am sure we are the the first name they look out for when the fixtures come out, we must be their dream opposition! We just seem to shrink before their mighty presence. It's why I always give any game against this shower a miss because the outcome is usually pretty ugly. Instead went for a night out with the girl of my dreams-Not regretting it!

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster

Grecian Max

66% possession with 0 shots on target lol

Where are the "don't panic" boys from the transfer thread 😂

Please City, Taggy, Flitcroft, Gary... anybody at the club.... please get Wickham in and let him do the job. Poor Reece Cole swings in some absolutely beautiful crosses every game and we just have our player blankly staring at it go out for a throw.

dontpassback

Well we got what we deserved from that performance,absolutely f###k all,apart from vinisalo,I can’t think af anyone who played remotely well,they need a performance on Tuesday at Charlton,end of

Banksy

The Admiral as we cheerfully call him is unproven , and at the moment anyway , seemingly unfit. I don’t think we should pin our hopes on him , we could end up being severely disappointed. Hopefully , we’ll be able to see him sometime to judge , goodness knows when though. Our forward line is a patch up job like it or not, we seemingly weren’t covering our backs for Nombe’s replacement properly and will now pay the price with a load of inadequate square pegs. Expect us to slowly sink down the table , hopefully not below the middle spot , that will do me now.

Antony Moxey

Well we got what we deserved from that performance,absolutely f###k all,apart from vinisalo,I can’t think af anyone who played remotely well,they need a performance on Tuesday at Charlton,end of
Actually, aside from a couple of decent saves (and yes, I do realise that’s what he’s there for), I don’t think he played as well as he has of late either. A lot of dropped balls and slaps at balls that should have been caught then either rushed whacks upfield to no-one in particular or taking too long to clear and coming close to getting dispossessed.

I’d say he was probably the least worst rather than the best today.

Banksy

Shame we couldn't sign Cardwell in the end, 9 goals in 13 so far this season
Only offered tuppence for him I expect so predictable.

David Treharne

Unusually, I go along with Moxey. It was a hard watch. Some terrible misplaced passes. and apparently no realisation that Northampton ignored our midfield and put a constant stream of balls over the top and (successfully) outmuscled our defence. I feel really sorry that Sonny Cox was left on for so long - he was getting heavy duty treatment the whole for the time he was on the pitch. Seems pointless clapping when he was subbed - he's being asked to do something he's not yet capable of. Agree with all the stuff about not having a striker, but realistically we'd be better off playing any stronger physical presence at the front. It was a bad day at work, but the games are coming thick and fast and there needs to be some rethinking. It's a typical Exeter City performance, win well in midweek, and look second rate on the following Saturday. Thought the Cobblers fans made a fair amount of noise, too. A redeeming feature was our goalie, and marks out of 10 for the ref hove around the 4/5 out of 10.

Grecian Max

Actually, aside from a couple of decent saves (and yes, I do realise that’s what he’s there for), I don’t think he played as well as he has of late either. A lot of dropped balls and slaps at balls that should have been caught then either rushed whacks upfield to no-one in particular or taking too long to clear and coming close to getting dispossessed.

I’d say he was probably the least worst rather than the best today.
His distribution was also terrible today