• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Peterborough United matchday thread

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Appears minute 83 tactical changes was when the game was won, or lost, according to whichever set of fans you speak to. Posh blame McCann's subbing of Mason-Clark, City laud Caldwell's tactical nous. Funny old game.

grecIAN Harris

Appears minute 83 tactical changes was when the game was won, or lost, according to whichever set of fans you speak to. Posh blame McCann's subbing of Mason-Clark, City laud Caldwell's tactical nous. Funny old game.
I was somewhat surprised they took Mason-Clark off as he was their best player for me.

STURTZ

As I have said a few times on these boards, when does possession ever win matches?
Hear hear! Possession is a very spurious statistic. How many minutes were we in possession for our last and winning goal? Long drop kick from Blackman, chested to Stanno from Nombe, controlled and slotted through by Stansfield into the path of the onrushing Brown, wallop into the top corner of the Posh goal. Possession time 15 secs? Goal 1, Points 3.

arthur

I was somewhat surprised they took Mason-Clark off as he was their best player for me.
As are most of the contributors to London Road.net. Although most of them use stronger language than "somewhat surprised " :D

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
He ran around like a little boy lost
He wants a new contract
On that performance yet again he proved he is not good enough for league one
Said something similar to my mate. So much respect for MJ and what he has done over the last couple of seasons but yesterday it looked like a young lad had won a raffle to play for us. Completely ineffective.

Would like to focus on the positives though and what an afternoon! Bring on Ipswich.

Rosencrantz

The truth is both. The key for us (pun only half intended) was to move Josh to his natural position with more legs in midfield with Harry coming on just at the same time they changed formation, taking Mason-Clark off to do so, to go three at the back with wing backs who were not entirely suited to the position. Our equaliser comes from our respective wing backs getting the better of theirs.

We also went from having a front three playing Sam centre with Jevani and Stanno either side to two up top with Jevani in behind them. The winner obviously came from the three of them being central and linking up. They cut through the Posh back line like Nelson against Villeneuve in 1805. An arrow through a thin blue line.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Did anyone notice that the Big Screen was doing live replays? I saw Nombe's goal replayed but was looking for any of the others.

Antony Moxey

Did anyone notice that the Big Screen was doing live replays? I saw Nombe's goal replayed but was looking for any of the others.
Yes, and what a complete waste of time they were. Rather than zooming in on the action, the camera zoomed out each time meaning the view you had live was far better than the replay.

lamrobhero

They cut through the Posh back line like Nelson against Villeneuve in 1805. An arrow through a thin blue line.
Piquet against Jacques unforgettable.