• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Peterborough Utd. Match day thread.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
He’s been excellent since playing his strongest position. When he was asked to play that ‘inverted’ wing back role it was so obvious he couldn’t do it.

Him, Harper and Cole were superb tonight.

Loved Sweeney having a chest barging competition with Mason-Clark!
I actually think that's a bit harsh. I agree with you that he has been excellent since playing LCB. However; I said a while ago that I thought he had been one of our best performers all season and thought he was also playing well as LB and LWB.

Either way, I hope the option on his contract in our favour as we certainly need to activate that for next season.

noel_blake

Unless I'm missing something both yellows seemed quite harsh but it's about time we had some help from the ref as well as lady luck but well done to the players for making the most of the opportunity.
They were both clear professional fouls, but the second one verged on the dangerous. Both should have been yellows, the second was potentially a straight red.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
They were both clear professional fouls, but the second one verged on the dangerous. Both should have been yellows, the second was potentially a straight red.
Yer what? They were both little petit trips. More or less identical challenges. The second one the ref will usually say one more and you're off but not tonight.

JGrecian23

Just back, great result, terrible performance as usual.

Two players won the game, The Peterborough guy that got sent off and Reece Cole.

Other than Cole (how is he not captain BTW!), you could say that Jules and Diabate were OK. As for the rest of them, I wouldn't give a toss if they all left tomorrow. That first half was as bad as I've seen and we were rescued by the red card.

Caldwell is still completely clueless. Imagine thinking the first half was good enough and not making any changes (again!).

I'll take the win and be bored to death each week and wait patiently until he goes.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Mid Devon Grecian

I actually think that's a bit harsh. I agree with you that he has been excellent since playing LCB. However; I said a while ago that I thought he had been one of our best performers all season and thought he was also playing well as LB and LWB.

Either way, I hope the option on his contract in our favour as we certainly need to activate that for next season.
He’s quality for sure. Even he made a remark about finding wing back a challenge in his interview pre tonight’s game. Seems like a really level headed guy and I agree we should invoke that extra year as soon as possible.

Bridgy 81

He’s quality for sure. Even he made a remark about finding wing back a challenge in his interview pre tonight’s game. Seems like a really level headed guy and I agree we should invoke that extra year as soon as possible.
I’d offer him a new two year deal.

TotnesGrecian

Whoever made the comment earlier about Aimsons body language turning up into the club car park doing the interview for socials, you were bang on

My god is he a grumpy sod

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Mid Devon Grecian

Just back, great result, terrible performance as usual.

Two players won the game, The Peterborough guy that got sent off and Reece Cole.

Other than Cole (how is he not captain BTW!), you could say that Jules and Diabate were OK. As for the rest of them, I wouldn't give a toss if they all left tomorrow. That first half was as bad as I've seen and we were rescued by the red card.

Caldwell is still completely clueless. Imagine thinking the first half was good enough and not making any changes (again!).

I'll take the win and be bored to death each week and wait patiently until he goes.
Bit harsh, thought Harper had a very good game also.

Team still frustratingly inconsistent though. First half constantly playing ourselves into trouble with the playing out from the back.