• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Peterborough Utd. Match day thread.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Can we please score first! I'll be keeping an eye on the game on here and on Twitter.

We a poor record against the Posh, hopefully we can change this this evening. Preview:-

Last edited:

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Love the evening games in Oz, they kick off at a time where I can actually watch them and be awake !.

manc grecian

Love the evening games in Oz, they kick off at a time where I can actually watch them and be awake !.
Don't bank on the awake bit for too long.

Avening Posse

Don't bank on the awake bit for too long.
Don’t worry, i have a high threshold for tedium, but I’m expecting high levels of entertainment for this one

denzel

Just watched Sp*tlight ignore us and feature on some other game 40 miles west.

This is the big one, come on City!

Alfie 1966

There maybe a few at S.J.P. tonight nodding off

Grecianman135

Worried about this one :/ if we concede early it could be a big loss..

tom_ecfc

A few pre match #SteveFlackStatAttack’s

- This will be the 52nd game between Exeter City v Peterborough Utd.

- As @Hants_red mentioned, we have just 2 wins in the last 17 games vs PUFC dating back to 1991.

- 7 of those 17 games we failed to score, with PUFC only failing to score in 2 of those.

- Our 1st ever meeting was at home (25/9/1960) where we lost 3-4 and the return fixture that season we lost 1-7 (4-10 on agg). Let’s hope that doesn’t happen again this season!

- And finally, if you are a betting person (please bet responsibility), PUFC have scored 2 or more goals in their last 8 games vs ECFC.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
A few pre match #SteveFlackStatAttack’s

- This will be the 52nd game between Exeter City v Peterborough Utd.

- As @Hants_red mentioned, we have just 2 wins in the last 17 games vs PUFC dating back to 1991.

- 7 of those 17 games we failed to score, with PUFC only failing to score in 2 of those.

- Our 1st ever meeting was at home (25/9/1960) where we lost 3-4 and the return fixture that season we lost 1-7 (4-10 on agg). Let’s hope that doesn’t happen again this season!

- And finally, if you are a betting person (please bet responsibility), PUFC have scored 2 or more goals in their last 8 games vs ECFC.
but our last home game v the posh was of course crcking 3-2 win. Just adding a little minor balance to how it looks ........

iscalad

Yet another tough game. Hopefully see some of the new boys start. UTC.