• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Port Vale - FA Cup Round 2 - Official Matchday Thread

Leads

Please.....let's, just for once, win this one Tis and be in the trilby for the third round.

I know some people demean the competition now and say it's lost its magic. Not for me it hasn't.
Absolutely. Huge game- Come on City!

David Treharne

Dull day. 100% grey cloud cover and temperature of 13c made to feel colder by a strong (4) south westerly wind. The barometer is rising though, which should mean a gradual decrease in wind strength during the course of the morning. We haven't had any rain in the last 24 hours, though there is a trace of rain in the gauge. I'd rather be playing to day than yesterday as the wind was much stronger yesterday. Update at around 12.30.

Last edited:

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I hope we give it a good go, a good performance. People talking about the third round before the game has even started are making me nervous.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Which way is the slope on our pitch? This from the PV website

The Grecians are the side who have ‘nothing to lose’ and with the home side behind them, on a tight, sloping pitch, they will feel they have every chance of being in the hat for the draw for round three.
http://www.port-vale.co.uk/fixtures-results/match-preview/index.aspx#dfg3kjypvG5o94j5.99

CC

I have nothing really to say, I just don't know when I will next have the chance to post on a 2nd round FA Cup match day thread of ours!

David Treharne

Hazy sunshine has broken through in the last few minutes. It's 14c although it feels slightly colder - though the strong south westerly wind is abating, so there might be more breaks in the cloud to follow. I'm about to leave and sample the delights of the real ale bar - hoping that unlike the Rovers match they don't run out of some of the promised ales before kick off. If we have to play on a Sunday this sort of weather probably suits us better than playing in torrential rain with a force 8 gale blowing. Curiously optimistic, though I don't know why!

rustle

Curiously optimistic, though I don't know why!
With you there. That's why we keep going back!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
A tight sloping pitch!

Why was there no mention of the large areas without grass, the mud that surrounds the penalty area, and the jumpers for goalposts?

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ooh err....Just seen the injury list.

Best of luck Siddy!

A Slacker

Olejnik, Woodman, Holmes, Davies, Nicholls, Moore-Taylor (capt), Reid, Wheeler, Tillson, Grant, Brown.