• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Taunton Town. PSF. 6pm kick off

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
It worked fine Scott, well done. Sounded weird having the commentators naming the city players by their first names, but the coverage was great. To be able to watch a commentated pre-season game at the training ground free of charge is amazing (although I paid a voluntary fee through the club website). Well done to all involved!
Agree 100% and very well done to all concerned.

Grecianpasty

The streaming service and commentary was great throughout the game. Better than the ifollow game at Oldham last year imho.

As far as the game goes, there's no need to scrutinise who played well or didn't. The result is completely irrelevant. The most important thing is that we got players playing and hopefully with no injuries.

On a separate note, Sonny Cox played again. Is he our next big prospect as the club? And if so, how good is he already?

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fisher isn’t good enough for us, I’ll be disappointed if MT can’t see that.
Fred I am very concerned that the whole question of purchasing and selection of strikers is going to prove to be MT’s Achilles heel. Having said that have to acknowledge that Fisher scored a very good goal and their Keeper did well to keep a strong Bowman header from going into the net.

Red red

Firstly well done all who sorted the live feed. Secondly to the game. Even though Fisher scored a good goal him and Barn door Bowman not for me . Like to see Harry Kite and Archie Colllins with Law in midfield. After watching both friendlies I don’t know about Mcardle and Parkes together. Like Hartridge. Not really seen Diabete much but looks a unit and a prospect. So in summary think it will be a in different season but excited by some of the youngsters coming through if we can keep them

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
The friendlies are all about getting minutes into the players. I wouldn't read anything into who played in this game. I suspect our first competitive XI will look quite different. The pattern of play was ok today but the defending for the first goal was very poor and that wont please MT.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
The streaming service and commentary was great throughout the game. Better than the ifollow game at Oldham last year imho.

As far as the game goes, there's no need to scrutinise who played well or didn't. The result is completely irrelevant. The most important thing is that we got players playing and hopefully with no injuries.

On a separate note, Sonny Cox played again. Is he our next big prospect as the club? And if so, how good is he already?
Spot on with your second paragraph!

Dannyred

Fingers crossed the stream works fine and is seamless, but it's the first time of doing it and the training ground pitch has some big hurdles in terms of there being no undercover areas, so it might be a bit damp!
Well Done Scott it was really good.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Fred I am very concerned that the whole question of purchasing and selection of strikers is going to prove to be MT’s Achilles heel. Having said that have to acknowledge that Fisher scored a very good goal and their Keeper did well to keep a strong Bowman header from going into the net.
Yeah I agree. Fisher took his goal well but he doesn’t offer enough, and it’s saying something when he doesn’t even impress against Taunton town.

The keeper made two outstanding saves, the second of which was from that bowman header. MT was unlucky with ajose who is a quality striker but now extremely off form and low in confidence. I really hope he comes good this season.

Exehausted

Opinions do differ. Given their vast experience I thought both Nigel and Nicky were average at best. Jack I thought was our best player going forward and his crosses were nearly always close to the penalty spot, where they should be. The fact nobody attacked that area in the first half wasn't his fault. In the second half we got much closer and his crosses caused Taunton problems. Josh Key I thought did okay. He always tried to take on his full back with varying degrees of success, but he never hid. Overall I found it an enjoyable way to spend a Friday night.

GrecianExile

It’s been made clear finances are just not there and that there wont be masses of signings so what there is, is pretty much it, unless players leave which will only happen if another club comes in for them as they are contracted. Therefore I think in interviews MT has alluded to the fact the next couple of seasons may require different expectations and it maybe a transitional period while the younger players gain experience.

its also just the second pre season friendly, which after Rovers, Taunton and Tiverton, squads and game time will be mixed up amongst the squad.

Relax and just enjoy the fact there is a football club, that we have been able to see the match today after a long time without.