• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women 2019/20 Season

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Athletics. She is a national standard long jumper and has competed at the last two national schools finals. Maybe if she had started playing football earlier it might be different but she only started playing competively last season.
Very sporty young lady then. Let's hope the future is on the international stage then, That would be awesome for her and your family

grecIAN Harris

Very sporty young lady then. Let's hope the future is on the international stage then, That would be awesome for her and your family
Maybe, there is a penny that needs to drop first.

DB9

Maybe, there is a penny that needs to drop first.
I'm sure it will, We have a friend who's daughter is really good at rowing, Gets up real early every weekend to train and she's managing her GCSE's too.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Match report from the cup defeat to Cheltenham

IndoMike

So if you had a boy you would expect him to play at SJP but because you have a girl she shouldn’t because she has is a Girl.

The club need to own the women’s team, it’s embarrassing that they still don’t yet however if you see the pic of the men & women teams together you would think they do.
To be honest, Danny, although you have set yourself up as self-styled spokesman for Exeter City Women's team , it seems that there are various posters on Exeweb who have much more direct involvement with women's football than you.
It seems that the only idea you have is that the women should play at SJP, which you have repeated as infinitum. I think the general opinion is that nobody has any objection to that as long as it fits in with the needs of ECFC first team and the maintenance of the pitch.
I think most of us do agree that in the meantime it would be good if a permanent pitch could be provided for the women in Exeter and hopefully the club can organise that if they have the necessary funds
I think you should focus more on specific ideas for raising funds for the women's team : maybe creating a membership for the women's team, suggesting activities to spread the word etc (if the club us not doing that already(.
If your only point is that the women should play at SJP I think we already have gotten your message. It's really not useful to keep repeating it over and over again and is more of a turn-off than a turn-on.

iscalad

Athletics. She is a national standard long jumper and has competed at the last two national schools finals. Maybe if she had started playing football earlier it might be different but she only started playing competively last season.
We could do with a decent long jumper who qualifies for GB. Athletics is my 2nd favourite sport.

grecIAN Harris

We could do with a decent long jumper who qualifies for GB. Athletics is my 2nd favourite sport.
There are two girls in the South West Region who are ahead of Chloe. One of them finished third in the Nationals in the summer(bear in mind all three of them were in the fist year of their age group this year, intermeadiate girls).

i8cornwall

What happened to equality? Why should women play during the summer when football is a winter sport? As for encouragement, just bide your time like Danny needs to. When the girls in the current junior game come through and they don't get the equality then maybe you'll have something to shout about because some of the girls I've seen are as good as any of the boys but at the moment the equality in standard in the womens game isn't there. That's why none of the top womens sides, let alone City, play at their clubs main stadium except in the odd circumstance. Danny boy needs to get that through his thick skull.
Completely missing the point that football is actually a summer sport in number of European countries (for me and i believe women as well) Ireland have just finished there season in fact.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Completely missing the point that football is actually a summer sport in number of European countries (for me and i believe women as well) Ireland have just finished there season in fact.
I'll try to remember that when I'm putting on my t-shirt, shorts and flip flops for those boiling hot January night games.

Dannyred

To be honest, Danny, although you have set yourself up as self-styled spokesman for Exeter City Women's team , it seems that there are various posters on Exeweb who have much more direct involvement with women's football than you.
It seems that the only idea you have is that the women should play at SJP, which you have repeated as infinitum. I think the general opinion is that nobody has any objection to that as long as it fits in with the needs of ECFC first team and the maintenance of the pitch.
I think most of us do agree that in the meantime it would be good if a permanent pitch could be provided for the women in Exeter and hopefully the club can organise that if they have the necessary funds
I think you should focus more on specific ideas for raising funds for the women's team : maybe creating a membership for the women's team, suggesting activities to spread the word etc (if the club us not doing that already(.
If your only point is that the women should play at SJP I think we already have gotten your message. It's really not useful to keep repeating it over and over again and is more of a turn-off than a turn-on.
Mike you started off very poorly doubting my involvement or contacts within the women’s game at All levels.

It’s very important for the women to be playing at SJP for reasons you clearly don’t understand including how much it would benefit our whole club.

Saying that as a club we have always been poor at marketing and making the most of things that’s why I hope several of those standing for the trust get voted on to the trust board to make changes.

Again mike you haven’t got the message as you clearly don’t understand it.