• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women 2022/23 Season

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looks like a stitch up. Totally unreasonable to schedule a team to play 2 games in 2 days. Can you imagine the uproar if this was a men’s team.
Yep.
It would these days.
It was a regular occurrence around Easter years ago.
Games on Good Friday & Easter Saturday.
The Hardaker quip was a reference to when Leeds played the Cup Final in 1972 & were not allowed to rearrange the last game of the season at Molineux on the Monday. A draw would given them the League Title.

InMyBlood

Also ridiculous though that only one team go up.
Are there any men's leagues where this is the case?

denzel

Also ridiculous though that only one team go up.
Are there any men's leagues where this is the case?
There's only one team up from the Highland and Lowland league into the SPFL.

grecIAN Harris

Surely by the FA's rules, the League fixture has precedence over the Local Cup game, and that match should be switched to accommodate the League game ? And don't get me started over the neutral venue issue on top. We should be protesting all the way to Sport Arbitration panel over this to get it changed ! :mad:
Nope, Cup matches always take precedent.

Martin Weiler

There's only one team up from the Highland and Lowland league into the SPFL.
That’s not the case. The winners of Highland and Lowland Leagues play each other in an eliminator. And then the winner plays the bottom side in the SPFL for a place in the SPFL.

So possible for neither winners to go up.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks like a stitch up. Totally unreasonable to schedule a team to play 2 games in 2 days. Can you imagine the uproar if this was a men’s team.
Happened to my Devon and Exeter side one year - think we won both games.

Red Bill

FT. Larkhall 1 Cardiff 8.
Not surprised by this, City missed some absolute sitters when we were there and probably should have finished with 8 or 9 ourselves. Cardiff still have to play Moneyfields and Southampton, those are the games I'm pinning my hopes they'll drop points.

Colesman Ballz

Not surprised by this, City missed some absolute sitters when we were there and probably should have finished with 8 or 9 ourselves. Cardiff still have to play Moneyfields and Southampton, those are the games I'm pinning my hopes they'll drop points.
They are being given a massive helping hand against Moneyfields ! :mad:

JW57++

I wonder if the league is punishing Moneyfields Women’s team because the ‘unfit’ pitch that caused the postponement was used later that day by the men’s team.

Rosencrantz