• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women 2023/24 (Champions)

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
How many home fixtures (not including cups) will the women have next season? I’d imagine, if they don’t get tonked each week, they’d be looking at between 1,000 and 1,500? If so then can’t fixtures be arranged for when the men are away - looking at the pitch during the Oxford game I’d imagine it could cope with one game each weekend, especially with our international players giving the men’s side plenty of weeks off.
I can see !luke! has posted the average attendances for women's football the season before this one just completed.

With our SJP games factored in we actually had a higher average than all the teams in the league above and a Hub average only bettered by two of them (Watford & Portsmouth). The average for our Hub games that season was 256. I feel that the Hub figures were higher this season.
So there is an opportunity there to push for more support - I'd love to see it happen.
The Women's team and the Community Trust put a lot of great work in by connecting to women's and girl's football across the region.

As with the men's team the fixtures are determined by the FA and are mostly on Sundays.
The games we've had at SJP to date have been slotted in to facilitate a double header over the weekend.

Last edited:

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think I heard / read reference to the Women's team playing at SJP next season. I have gone over Chas's recent videos without success so I guess I am imagining it.
you are imagining it as no decision has been made

lamrobhero

but it is being considered ? and therefore it may have ben referred to ?

Oldsmobile-88

The couple of games last year were great, I doubt it would be feasible for a whole season.

Antony Moxey

I can see luke has posted the average attendances for women's football the season before this one just completed.

With our SJP games factored in we actually had a higher average than all the teams in the league above and an Hub average only bettered by two of them (Watford & Portsmouth). The average for our Hub games that season was 256. I feel that the Hub figures were higher this season.
So there is an opportunity there to push for more support - I'd love to see it happen.
The Women's team and the Community Trust put a lot of great work in by connecting to women's and girl's football across the region.

As with the men's team the fixtures are determined by the FA and are mostly on Sundays.
The games we've had at SJP to date have been slotted in to facilitate a double header over the weekend.
Never liked that term ‘double header’ as to me it isn’t (unless a Saturday men’s ticket also gets you entry for the women’s Sunday game). For it to be a true double header it would need the women’s game kicking off about half an hour after them men’s game had finished with anyone who wanted to stay for the second game could for free.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
no reference has been made in Chaz videos

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Never liked that term ‘double header’ as to me it isn’t (unless a Saturday men’s ticket also gets you entry for the women’s Sunday game). For it to be a true double header it would need the women’s game kicking off about half an hour after them men’s game had finished with anyone who wanted to stay for the second game could for free.
That's how it's been done at Somerset in the past with the T20 games

Spoonz Red E

I think a few options have been considered but I feel the first one that will be examined as a possibility is an upgrade to the Hub.
With other alternatives to be looked at in case.

Boyo

How difficult would it be to get the 3G at the Cliff Hill up to standard (I assume the pitch itself already is)?

Spoonz Red E

Point taken, although in this case it covers the weekend having two games instead of one.
There was a ticket deal for the last games. A quid ticket for the Women's game if a Bolton ticket was also purchased for the Men's game.