• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter v Barrow - Discussion

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Fisher couldn't batter a sausage.

Why go for the old beat the thugs at their own game routine that has failed us so many times before. We need to get the ball down and beat them with pace and passing as we have shown when playing some of the better sides in the league. we need to use our guile, perhaps we could all chant-

Our Guile
Our Guile.....

No perhaps not! :rolleyes:

Oldsmobile-88

Why go for the old beat the thugs at their own game routine that has failed us so many times before. We need to get the ball down and beat them with pace and passing as we have shown when playing some of the better sides in the league. we need to use our guile, perhaps we could all chant-

Our Guile
Our Guile.....

Got any spare pyros for St James Rd on Saturday ? 😎😎😁😁

IndoMike

Our Guile
Our Guile.....

Yep. As soon as I hear the words Bowman -Fisher I cringe. You're right : we are one of the most skillful teams in the League : don't hold up the white flag Don't play the lumping game. No Seymour and just one from Bowman or Fisher, please (probably Bowman, tbh).

Rosencrantz

Yes it was Caprice.
Initially, I thought the same as Pete, but, looking at it again, I think he does get clipped by the defender. They say that these things even themselves out over thre course of the season, but up until very recently I believe we have not had our fair share of decesions, with dodgy penalties given against us & penalties we should have been awarded not given. However, for our equalising goal v Grimsby, Hartridge is clearly impeding the goalkeeper, who complained bitterly to the ref, in vain. Then on Saturday, Hartridge could possibly have been sent off in the first half but only got a yellow. So perhaps things are starting to go our way. A couple of dodgy decisions, in our favour, in the play offs, wouldn't go amiss either.
Against Grimsby, Hartridge was standing with the keeper but the keeper then actually pulls Hartridge down on top of him. Alex didn't really move his position as is his right. The keeper's Kasper Schmeichel-esque dramatics were in desperation more than aggrievance. Many officials might have fallen for it but not this time.

Red Devon

Heavy rain and strong winds forecast for all day Saturday.

IndoMike

Heavy rain and strong winds forecast for all day Saturday.
Yep. According to Met Office 100% chance of rain. Wind moderate

Banksy

Yep. According to Met Office 100% chance of rain. Wind moderate
Should suit our friends from oop North then , on our pitch good old clogging weather.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The thoughts of Ryan Bowman

gui

I hope the bad weather will not affect our play on Saturday.

Avening Posse

Quietly confident. I think one of the other 3 will slip up too. If we do make the play offs it would be a big ask judging by our form since Xmas but you never know with City. Maybe the pressure will be off us a bit which might work in our favour. Stranger things have happened UTC