• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter v Lincoln Matchday Thread

SDRighton

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
I assume losing both kite and McDonald to injury happened pretty late in the week. Collins has been impressive playing higher the last couple of games so didn’t want to lose that aspect of the team. Decided to try White deeper, It didn’t work out and he changed it. No complaints from me.
I think the issue is thinking it was a good idea in the first place.

Mr Jinx

Our equaliser today, with full soundtrack...
View attachment 11186
Wtf was their goalie doing over on the other touchline?

andrew p long

Yeah Harper was beginning to take control when he was taken off.
Dour game, littered with mistakes but a game we battled to come away with a valuable win. Conditions lead to individual performances standing out, team play was limited. I thought that Mitchell was outstanding and thought any winner would come down his side. Nombe outpaced Lincolns defender for both goals and brilliantly slotted home his second after narrowly missing a similar chance first half. White and Scott were anonymous and Hartridge was a disaster. Oh and so glad to see Jamal back, no way he would have put in a punch that Woods made leading to their goal, he'd have caught it!
City win , Argyle lose, what's not to like?
there's got to be a joke in there somewhere, but I'm not going to make it...

HarryECFC

He's playing in a position where he has to control the space he's in and keep the game going. You don't see Rodri doing either of the things you mentioned for Manchester City very often but are you going to say he's not good enough for Exeter City either?
Have you just compared Rakeem Harper to Rodri?

dontpassback

A game where we showed character after a poor start,mis placed passes and not passing quickly enough.a gift from Lincoln and Sam finished with aplomb for the winner.I would have bet on him scoring when he was through and with the header,but it’s 3 points so a good win,and nice to see Jamal back in goal

CraigECFC

I think the issue is thinking it was a good idea in the first place.
You’re speaking as if he’s dropped Kite & McDonald and played White deeper by choice. He wanted to keep on of his best players (Collins) playing in his best position (as of late). As a manager you want your best players in their best position first and foremost. White didn’t perform well and he changed it.

iscalad

Wtf was their goalie doing over on the other touchline?
Auditioning for MOTD

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Have you just compared Rakeem Harper to Rodri?
No

manc grecian

You’re speaking as if he’s dropped Kite & McDonald and played White deeper by choice. He wanted to keep on of his best players (Collins) playing in his best position (as of late). As a manager you want your best players in their best position first and foremost. White didn’t perform well and he changed it.
No I'm not. It wasn't a good idea because White is like a wet paper bag when he plays further forward let alone as a deeper centre mid. Well done for changing it but it was never going to work so he shouldn't have done it.