• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeweb Gremlins

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I am experiencing a growing number of problems. Several posters are starting to show as "ignored" yet whilst on occasion I may have been tempted to excommunicate the odd tiresome individual, l can never actually remember doing so. I cannot discover a way to reverse this, how does one do it ?
Secondly threads are starting disappear from the index. The most recent example concerns the MKD match discussion thread. I note a post recorded as the "latest posting". If I click on it I can view it, but if I go to the WOWS index the thread is missing completely. WTF is going on ? ? ?

Banksy

I am experiencing a growing number of problems. Several posters are starting to show as "ignored" yet whilst on occasion I may have been tempted to excommunicate the odd tiresome individual, l can never actually remember doing so. I cannot discover a way to reverse this, how does one do it ?
Secondly threads are starting disappear from the index. The most recent example concerns the MKD match discussion thread. I note a post recorded as the "latest posting". If I click on it I can view it, but if I go to the WOWS index the thread is missing completely. WTF is going on ? ? ?
Sounds like you need the services of Bletchley Park.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't you deal with Gremlins by putting them in microwaves but just remember NEVER get them wet !
UTC

Colesman Ballz

Another thread that went AWOL is the Former Players thread. I went to post on it last Saturday and it was nowhere to be found. Subsequently a "latest post" appeared which gave access to it, but now it has once more disappeared into the abyss ! :(

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Everything looks okay from the admin side.

Are you using this link?

Alistair20000

I have not seen these gremlins.

I access the site using the link Hants mentions above.

Just saying.

Colesman Ballz

Everything looks okay from the admin side.

Are you using this link?
Not sure, but logged out and back in via this.
Have now successfully discovered how to unblock posters except for one who restricts access to his profile, so the appropriate box to click on is missing. Will await to see what happens the next time that he posts.
As for missing threads, the MK Away discussion has reappeared, but still can't find "Former Players" in the index.
Thanks for the checking/help. :)

denzel

I don't know why, but on the forum home page it lists the most recent thread in WoWs as 'Josh Key' but when I go to WoWs the Josh Key thread isn't there.
Have I done something wrong?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Im at work so can't look. This is the thread

And this is WoWs

denzel

Im at work so can't look. This is the thread

And this is WoWs

Yes, can you see the Josh Key thread in WoWs, because I can't