• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exiles football

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
So I'm moving to London for a new job sometime in the next month and will of course be joining the exiles.

However I am wondering how good is your football team? I'm absolutely terrible, but I really enjoy playing for some reason so would like to get involved.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
The Aze are very good, but the Bauys are more of a forum for the "have boots, will play" ethic, and as such we have a mix of abilities. We usually find with time that players who start barely able to kick a ball improve as time goes on with experience.

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
PM me with your email address mate and I'll stick you on the Google Group list.

As well as the two Sunday afternoon London FA 11-a-side teams, we play 7-a-side every Thursday from 6pm to 7pm in Chalk Farm (near Camden).

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thank you for that. I guess I'll come along sometime and see how much I embarrass myself. I'm fairly fit so at the very least I can run around a lot...

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
It'll be good to have you. I can't run, shoot, tackle, head the ball or see anything, so you'll be better than me at least.

Wrighty

Hi,

I'm looking to get back into 11-a-side football and being originally from Exeter and now living in SE London figured I'd try here. From a quick look at the forum I notice you've got two teams. If you're accepting new players etc I'd love to come to a pre-season training session or something. My email address is in my profile, or let me know how I go about getting in contact with the relevant person(s).

Cheers,

Nick

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
As well as the two Sunday afternoon London FA 11-a-side teams, we play 7-a-side every Thursday from 6pm to 7pm in Chalk Farm (near Camden).
Alan I am taking up a new post and will based not too far from Chalk Farm, so I may if possible look to pop along from time to time on a Thursday. I won't be able to make the 11-a-side matched on a Sunday due to still living outside of London Town.

Can you please add me to the Google Group list? I think you may already have my email address, if not please let me know.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,

I'm looking to get back into 11-a-side football and being originally from Exeter and now living in SE London figured I'd try here. From a quick look at the forum I notice you've got two teams. If you're accepting new players etc I'd love to come to a pre-season training session or something. My email address is in my profile, or let me know how I go about getting in contact with the relevant person(s).

Cheers,

Nick
Nick, you'll be most welcome! Alan Crockford is your man for this, by all means send him a message through the site or if he has his e-mail address listed.

banzai

Wrighty, I've already added you to our email group and sent a message.

International, I can do the same for you. Please PM your email address.

An other Exiled footie players looking to play in London are most welcome to join us and pre-season is about to start, now is a very good time.

Last edited:

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks Banz.