• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

F1. 2009/10 season

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Im really dissapointed that thes new things on the cars and rules, because this means the big starts which made Formula 1 is now going down while people like Glock or Barichello, just do better because of there cars, while both of them finished in the bottom 7 it is now turning into who has the better car, on the analysis today.
Sorry mate but if you are serious then you obviously know f*** all about F1. The whole sport has always been about who has the better car, look back to when Damon HIll and Villeneuve won the championship, neither of them were that great in comparison to other drivers but the Williams was epic back then. Ferrari were also dominating for a long time (although a lot of that was down to MS being a fantastic driver).

There's some other good fishing here too, Josh makes me laugh and Deathy has come out with a fantastic one, Mansell a character :D :D :D He's something beginning with C.

Personally I think that the rule changes have made it interesting. New aero rules, slicks and KERS all mean that we should see closer racing and some overtaking for a change. Well done to Brawn for getting it all so right though, I'm amzed at how good those cars were, although I've been saying for years that Rubens and Jenson are better drivers than they could show in the Honda.

Lets see how the court thing goes though, if those diffusers are shown to be illegal then a lot of stuff will be turned upside down.

And Mackster if you want real racing then get along to something like the Ginettas, Locosts or Minis at either Thruxton or Combe, proper racing at it's best :up:

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
The most boring sport ever IMO.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good start to the season.A few crashes,a British driver wins & Bernie is proved wrong that cars wont fight for points only first place.

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I got up yesterday and today to watch it
- glad i did
It was good!:D

Herschel

RIP Stanno, City Legend never to be forgotten
My knowledge of F1 is very limited. However to me it would make it more interesting if it was decided on ammount of race wins rather than points.
So it seems......

It would ruin EVERY race.

Imagine you're 4th, but 40 seconds behind the leader with 20 laps to go and not a cat in hell's chance of catching him.

Whatcha gonna do? Go as fast as you can to end up fourth, or save your car and parts, etc. for the next race?

It's the worst thing they could ever do for the sport.

Last edited:

Herschel

RIP Stanno, City Legend never to be forgotten
I enjoy the spectacle of F1 but the whole thing is a joke of a sport. Every year there are rule changes, then Bernie wants to change the points. What's the betting all the points will be duducted from the leading 3 teams because they have illegal cars. Until Bernie is kicked out F1 will continue to be a joke.

I'm off to see the A1 GP in a few of weeks when all the cars are identical. In fact F1 is the Premier League, whereas A1 is like League 2. It lacks the hype and is proper sport with everyone on an equal footing. There is even overtaking and it is a fraction of the price of F1. At Brands Hatch 3rd May
Great post, couldn't agree more.

A1 GP is superb, especially as the drivers don't appear to listen to the "calm down" advice and "fair play" rules and drive each other off the circuit whilst overtaking!

I watched the last 10 laps of a race last season that had 4 crashes, about 30 overtaking maneouvres and the lead changing hands 4 times between 3 drivers.

It was awesome. :D

Antony Moxey

The most boring sport ever IMO.
Not even close.

Antony Moxey

My knowledge of F1 is very limited. However to me it would make it more interesting if it was decided on ammount of race wins rather than points.
So a guy who comes second in every race should lose the championship to one who flukes one win (ever seen Monaco in the rain) and crashes out of every other race?

DrDeath

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not even close.
Agreed.

Cricket for me is cringeworthy mundane.....

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can watch cricket, it's a nice excuse for a 5 day bender, but I just can't fathom tennis. Anyone who says that cars travelling at 200 mph, or banging wheels at speeds which would get them 3 points on the motorway, is a numpty :p