• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FA Cup 2018/19

Matt Russell

I was just going to say that £67,500 by no means peanuts.
Isn't that figure for an exclusive TV showing - Friday or Monday evenings?
Previous Sunday programmes with half a dozen or more ties featured will not be at that same amount.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Quantify what you mean by peanuts please
A few grand for the TV roving programme they do on the Sunday...Probably in a small minority but I hate the fact that the FA Cup early rounds have been messed with..I believe the prize money is increased disproportionately from the 4th round onwards to satisfy the Premier League clubs,the TV programme on the Sunday(with the money) is small compensation relatively speaking..Cheap TV for the broadcaster.

Many moan about the PL & it’s money(built on crazy TV revenue) but join the scramble in the hope of a TV live broadcast.
As I have already said,I doubt many will agree with me.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's an extra live game on BT Sport this year so that makes 4 fully televised games (1 BBC, 3 BT) at £67,500 a pop in R1 (and £72,000 in R2)

BT have already got televised PL games on Saturday eve (Palace v Spurs) and Sunday 12.00 (Liverpool v Fulham) on 1st round weekend so presume their FA Cup live games will be Saturday lunchtime, Sunday 2pm and Monday evening, with BBC showing Salford City v whoever to kick it all off on Friday evening.

Don't know if that Sunday 'as live' thing that annoys everyone by moving another 8-10 games is carrying on.

Also BBC Wales usually show live coverage of Newport's game so that often ends up being moved as well, should we draw them.

As Olds says, it is a mess. At least there is an extra week between 4QR and R1 this year. I think last year we didn't know until the Thursday 10 days before when exactly our 1st round game would be played.

andrew p long

It appears as if it is £36,000 prize money for winning the first round game. Home to the lowest placed left in then please!

(Like others, I really don’t like the wholesale shifting of 8 or so fixtures to the Sunday for ‘as live’ coverage, for comparatively small compensation and hope that has been binned)

iscalad

It appears as if it is £36,000 prize money for winning the first round game. Home to the lowest placed left in then please!

(Like others, I really don’t like the wholesale shifting of 8 or so fixtures to the Sunday for ‘as live’ coverage, for comparatively small compensation and hope that has been binned)
http://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/more/prize-fund

Oldsmobile-88

I will pop up to Wordsworth Drive on Wednesday to see if Taunton can secure a place in the 1st round.
They had a great chance at Billericay but missed a penalty with the score level at 2-2.

IndoMike

It's all and only about the money, Andrew. I see the Football league guy is already getting peed off with this idea of a Premier League 2 idea - calling it ******* **** or words similar. It's coming.....

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
blackpool at home for a change

muppetdodger

Pretty dull draw for us.

budegrecian

tough but with our current home form one we can win.