• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FA Cup 2018/19

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Tough but winnable tie, and suits me as I was dreading a tie that I'd wish to go to.

If we win and Hampton & Richmond beat Oldham, you know what to do draw people.

Oh, and agree re: Chappers - I quite like him normally but he was seriously off it last night including getting two drawn teams wrong.

Terryhall

Yep, Chapman wasn't great last night by any stretch. I also think Leatherhead can feel hard done by, the coverage was all Hitchin with a passing nod to the other team sharing the draw with them. Poor form from the BBC imo (but sadly seems par for the course for their one-eyed FAC coverage)

As others have posted, could be a very tough game against Blackpool, but interesting to test ourselves against L1 opposition - if nothing else gives us an idea of what to expect for next season ;) (y)

Good to see at least a few all-non-league ties - Harrogate are on the up so they could be in with a shout of getting through th R2, and I half fancy Chorley to give Doncaster a scare too.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
There are cheap train tickets at the moment, but will have to wait for confirmation before buying the tickets, and no doubt a huge hike in price.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I also think Leatherhead can feel hard done by
Not least because when Chappers was interviewing him, every time he had the microphone thrust into his face he instinctively moved his head back.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep, Chapman wasn't great last night by any stretch. I also think Leatherhead can feel hard done by, the coverage was all Hitchin with a passing nod to the other team sharing the draw with them. Poor form from the BBC imo (but sadly seems par for the course for their one-eyed FAC coverage)
The draw was meant to be made at the winning ground of the Leatherhead v Hitchin tie, taking it to a replay obviously buggered that up for them.

Terryhall

The draw was meant to be made at the winning ground of the Leatherhead v Hitchin tie, taking it to a replay obviously buggered that up for them.
Sure but then it would have still been possible to have even handed coverage between the two - the two aren't exactly near neighbours and given they filmed at Hitchin it makes sense that their fans had packed the clubhouse - but from a programming / format perspective, Hitchin had interviews with their secretary, manager and "star player" - I'm sure it wouldn't have been impossible for Leatherhead to have the same - as it was they had at best 30 seconds of airtime.

Information

3 live games on BT
1 live game on BBC

Confirmed Final Score for 8 games

But due to the Tennis on 1 and Rugby on 2

It looks like they will be 1245 or 1300 kick offs and not 1400 as last season

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/search?medium=tv&channel=&yearweek=201846&day=

Last edited:

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Haven’t seen it mentioned but Blackpool have a very interesting away record this season; won 1 drawn 4 and lost 0. The smart money must be on a draw and a Tuesday night trip to the north-west to play in front of a tiny crowd.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Blackpool v City could quite well get TV coverage, if nostalgia enters into it. Who could forget the famous "Matthews Final" from 1953, when Sir Stanley (then 38) played a huge part on the right wing in Blackpool recovering from 1-3 down to win 4-3! Great final!

Last edited:

Andy Holloway

Blackpool v City could quite well get TV coverage, if nostalgia enters into it. Who could forget the famous "Matthews Final" from 1953, when Sir Stanley (then 38) played a huge part on the right wing in Blackpool recovering from 1-3 down to win 4-3! Great final!
I hadn't realised that the 'Matthews Final' was between Blackpool and Exeter City, always thought it was between Blackpool and Bolton! I'm sure there have been 64 nostalgic FA Cup games featuring Blackpool since 1953, what makes this one any more nostalgic?