• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FA Cup 2018/19

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sunderland home
Would be a good bet for TV coverage, but not sure about "bums on seats", particularly with Mackems. They are playing at Gnome Park the previous Saturday, and although they have already sold out their allocation already, I suspect that the prospect of the long trek two weeks in a row might put quite a few off, particularly if it were to be televised.

IndoMike

Would be a good bet for TV coverage, but not sure about "bums on seats", particularly with Mackems. They are playing at Gnome Park the previous Saturday, and although they have already sold out their allocation already, I suspect that the prospect of the long trek two weeks in a row might put quite a few off, particularly if it were to be televised.
Oh..I didn't know about their trip to Plymouth. Sunderland still a big name though : I'd expect a 6.5 k crowd.

Temporarily Exiled

Away against Torquay. We play at SJP every other week – but do you see us playing a competitive fixture against Torquay any time soon? It's not a long trip either, might get televised, and could even be a sell-out.

Colesman Ballz

Away against Torquay. We play at SJP every other week – but do you see us playing a competitive fixture against Torquay any time soon? It's not a long trip either, might get televised, and could even be a sell-out.
The Club could make a lot more dosh from a home fixture though in addition to the 45% of the gate (after deductions for expenses), there would be all the additional revenue from bars, catering, hospitality, sponsorship, etc, etc, etc. Every little helps, and might assist King Matt, should he want to strengthen the squad in the January window.

Temporarily Exiled

The Club could make a lot more dosh from a home fixture though in addition to the 45% of the gate (after deductions for expenses), there would be all the additional revenue from bars, catering, hospitality, sponsorship, etc, etc, etc. Every little helps, and might assist King Matt, should he want to strengthen the squad in the January window.
We'll draw Plymouth at home in the following round, no worries.

Last edited:

ecfc70

We must be due a trip to bury but would rather be home to Macclesfield or a team about 4 leagues below us

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

grecIAN Harris

My birthday number, hopefully a lucky omen for a good draw.

Alistair20000

It is going to be away to Bury :(

Last edited:

Nigel E

It is going to be away to Bury :(
Nope, we'll beat someone else in the 1st round, and then be drawn at Bury in the 2nd round. So we can play at Gigg Lane twice in a week.

The FA Cup draw gods are evil.