• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FA Youth Cup 2018/19

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hope no bleddy Chelsea scouts were in attendance.

fred binneys head

I think purrington is the younger brother of the ex Argyle full back who went to Rotherham and is now on loan to afc Wimbledon,but I think they both come from Exeter,so they must have slipped through the net !
No one ever slips through our net to end up playing for argyle, they are allowed through the net.

Tim Long

Wilson hattrick 3-1 HT
Hopefully the commercial department are designing mugs, t-shirts, screenprints, key rings, duvet covers etc of the hat trick.

Avening Posse

Nice result for the boys. Good bit of fitness training for when they get to play someone decent

Saint James

I think purrington is the younger brother of the ex Argyle full back who went to Rotherham and is now on loan to afc Wimbledon,but I think they both come from Exeter,so they must have slipped through the net !
I understand that is the case and the boy went to Clyst Vale CC? Personally I don't understand why any parent would drive to Plymouth from Exeter 3 days a week for training when a much better Academy is on the doorstep!

andrew p long

Hopefully the commercial department are designing mugs, t-shirts, screenprints, key rings, duvet covers etc of the hat trick.
Yes they need the commercial vigour that means I write this looking at a commemorative mug on my desk from the Conference days celebrating a narrow 2-1 home league win over a (then) fellow Conference side.

I think the t shirt of the hat trick could sell well,albeit it is the second youth hat trick of the week...

Last edited:

Zi Zou

Fantastic win, brilliant hatrick. Special mention for Stansfield who worked his socks off and delighted he is with us for the next 2 years.
Have to disagree with Purrington as the best player, thought sloppy in possession and wouldn't swap him for any of our midfield, although I actually thought the 11 Rio Garside was head and shoulders the most technically gifted on the pitch.

Lets go and win it now.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
360 version of last nights game https://youtu.be/JQgzdl72EC8?t=10

fred binneys head

Brilliant 360 - so chuffed for the young lads - hope to see lots of them in the first team in due course.

elginCity

Special mention for Stansfield who worked his socks off and delighted he is with us for the next 2 years..
Should he ever break through, what a great story that would be.