• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fixtures Release date

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Today's quiz:

How many home fixtures have City had on Boxing Day in recent years? Is it 7 in a row now?

(fixtures scheduled, even if game is not played)
Enough to annoy my wife many times over the years.

andrew p long

Eh? It was a genuine question...

I couldn't find where there's more detail on the kick off times

I was aware of the Sky deal but wanted to know more detail, I wasn't even sure about the retaining of the 3pm blackout so I wasn't aware, no

I was asking you a question, you seem to be thinking I was making a comment on renewing season tickets - can confirm I was not

Where on earth have you conjured up all that nonsense about sarcasm/smart arse, completely bizarre 😂

I get my reputation precedes me but bloody hell hahahah
My recollection is Sky have said -

for every Saturday* set of fixtures 5 out of 24 League One/League Two games will be switched to another time or day.

Sky will share out fixtures between clubs more equally (perhaps they said *entirely* equally but I suspect some clubs will be more equal than other).

So around a 20% chance of any game being switched. 5 or 6 of City Saturday games perhaps?

The alternative times are

Sat 12.30 (got the impression that most will be switched to that, sometimes 4 out of the 5 televised) OR
Sat 5.30 OR
Sun 12.30 OR
Fri evening OR
in what was said to be occasional/exceptional Thurs or Mon evening

*Also opening day and final day will all be switched

Grecian Max

My recollection is Sky have said -

for every Saturday* set of fixtures 5 out of 24 League One/League Two games will be switched to another time or day.

Sky will share out fixtures between clubs more equally (perhaps they said *entirely* equally but I suspect some clubs will be more equal than other).

So around a 20% chance of any game being switched. 5 or 6 of City Saturday games perhaps?

The alternative times are

Sat 12.30 (got the impression that most will be switched to that, sometimes 4 out of the 5 televised) OR
Sat 5.30 OR
Sun 12.30 OR
Fri evening OR
in what was said to be occasional/exceptional Thurs or Mon evening

*Also opening day and final day will all be switched
Nice one thanks @andrew p long *

*not sarcasm

I can see attendances potentially taking a bit of hit then with that sort of spread... or maybe not, it's hard to tell. Personally like mixing it up so it's not always a Saturday, opens up time to do other things (yes I like to watch all the CIty games if I can)

andrew p long

PS we should get a good flavour of how the rejigging of fixtures work soon. IIRC Sky have promised that dates/times of switches until end September will be published before the end of next week.

STURTZ

So it would appear, through various reasons, that a fairly large number of fixtures will not be Saturday 3:00 kos. Be that because of TV, international fixtures, whatever. I wonder if, after experiencing a season of it, season ticket numbers will be affected next season? Through work commitments I struggle to make many midweek games, I would imagine I might not be only one who might need to think about renewing next season.
All those games you can't make, be sure to inform the club so they can re sell your tickets

Bridgy 81

All those games you can't make, be sure to inform the club so they can re sell your tickets
Or (my preference) give them via the club to people who can’t to afford to buy them.

Antony Moxey

They’ve already sold them. To me.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
They’ve already sold them. To me.
Is there any link to allow us to download the fixtures direct to our phones or tablets/ pc’s calendars as previously.

iscalad

Is there any link to allow us to download the fixtures direct to our phones or tablets/ pc’s calendars as previously.
On the OS.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
If you've done it before, it should go on your calendar automatically. It did mine.