• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Football quiz to pass the time.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not a clue about the first but I guess the last was Kyle Edwards 89th minute goal in the 2018 Wembley Playoff Final infamous 3-1 defeat against Coventry.
Correct for 1/2 a point

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not a clue about the first but I guess the last was Kyle Edwards 89th minute goal in the 2018 Wembley Playoff Final infamous 3-1 defeat against Coventry.
We drew 0-0 in Tis's first game away at York. We won our first home game though, I think it was Stanno who scored.

Rosencrantz

Name the only Club playing at level four in the Football League (as it was then) ever to have played a competitive fixture against the reigning European Cup Holders.
Were City third or fourth division in 1969 when we played Utd?

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
We drew 0-0 in Tis's first game away at York. We won our first home game though, I think it was Stanno who scored.
Correct for the other half!
Stanno it was, God Rest His Soul

Colesman Ballz

Were City third or fourth division in 1969 when we played Utd?
Reckon that's a very good shout, we were indeed in the 4th tier in 1968-69 season, and of course played them in the FACup 3rd round in Jan 69

Wonder if deep in the BBC Archives, any footage survives ? I seem to remember that highlights got shown, and therefore the whole game would have been filmed ! Could be the "holy grail" for many City fans, IF it still exists !

iscalad

Reckon that's a very good shout, we were indeed in the 4th tier in 1968-69 season, and of course played them in the FACup 3rd round in Jan 69

Wonder if deep in the BBC Archives, any footage survives ? I seem to remember that highlights got shown, and therefore the whole game would have been filmed ! Could be the "holy grail" for many City fans, IF it still exists !
Blink and you'll miss it

Rosencrantz

I can remember seeing some highlights although I can't remember where, maybe one of those FA Cup reloaded show the BBC were doing. Hard to pick out what happened with Banks's diving header without the replay! Mum still not happy that my Uncle ripped up a George Best poster she had bought with her pocket money before the game.

grecIAN Harris

The following are the home grounds of local non league grounds that have played at Peninsular League level or above (not all of them exist now).

1) Silver Street
2) Vicarage Field
3) Sandy Lane
4) Lords Meadow
5) Southern Road
6) Ladysmead
7) The Sports Ground
8) Marlborough Park
9) Greenway Lane
10) Horsdon Park
11) Mill Lane
12) Coronation Fields