• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Forest Green Rovers v Exeter City MDT Papa Johns Trophy 7pm KO

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
That's why our youngsters go out on loan. To get battle hardened for first team football. As soon as you saw the FGR lineup with only one teenager (?) against seven, six of whom could line up in the FA Youth Cup which became nine in the second half, you know you are looking for individual performances. As I said at the start, learning opportunities. They have an idea of the standard, speed and strength they will need.

Harry Lee and Mitch Beardmore both did well. Sonny Cox done well living on scraps and Joe O'Connor looked like he had something about him when he came on. Also worth noting that as well as being u18's, Billington and Beardmore were playing out of position.

denzel

We are still not technically out...
Pretty sure we are. Even if Southampton win our GD is so bad we will be overtaken

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Crap camera position. Incompetent cameraperson. Hideously inane commentary team. Senior players looking totally disinterested. And of the youngsters just Lee & Cox, who we already know about, looking anywhere near League standard. That was not fun.
I swore never to go to FGR again but one of their F awful commentary team has kindly invited me back by saying "Must be time for bed" when Gabe Billington went off.

Does anyone know the names of the FGR commentary team as I'd hate to send the wrong one to bed early in January when they visit SJP ?

UTC

Grecian Max

KevIN 4 goals

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Minutes where given to those who needed it, and game time for the youth coming through.

I think we've established at this point that KN won't be getting the job, and a turning point will come very soon.
Sorry Pasty - what team did you expect KN to field when we are down to our uppers ?
Not even MT could have done better tonight with youth v men.
UTC

Rosencrantz

#SteveFlackStatAttack

This is the second time in Exeter City‘s history they have lost 3 consecutive matches conceding 4 goals in each game!

The only other time this happened was in the 1928/29 season.

- 26th Jan 1929 - Northampton away 4-0
- 2nd Feb 1929 - Charlton home 2-5
- 9th Feb 1929 - Norwich away 5-0

The last time Exeter City conceded 4 goals in 3 consecutive matches was in the 1938/39 season.

- 5th Nov 1938 - Watford away 4-2
- 12th Nov 1938 - Crystal Palace home 4-4
- 19th Nov 1938 - Bristol City away 4-1

The record for the most goals conceded over 3 consecutive games was in the 1948/49 season with 17 goals!

- 16th Oct 1948 - Notts County away 9-0
- 23rd Oct 1948 - Reading home 1-2
- 30th Oct 1948 - Swansea Town away 6-0
To be fair Notts County had Tommy Lawton up front scoring four in that 9-0 game. Different gravy from Jamille Matt 🙂

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
To be fair Notts County had Tommy Lawton up front scoring four in that 9-0 game. Different gravy from Jamille Matt 🙂
Suppose we could have risked Nombe ?

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I swore never to go to FGR again but one of their F awful commentary team has kindly invited me back by saying "Must be time for bed" when Gabe Billington went off.

Does anyone know the names of the FGR commentary team as I'd hate to send the wrong one to bed early in January when they visit SJP ?

UTC
I decided to save my £10 but judging by the comments on here the match commentary appears to have been by an FGR team no doubt still smarting from the walloping we gave them live on Sky.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sorry Pasty - what team did you expect KN to field when we are down to our uppers ?
Not even MT could have done better tonight with youth v men.
UTC
For numerous reasons the results so far under KN’s watch are no reflection on his ability or otherwise to being chosen as MT’s successor.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member