• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Love this obsession some have about getting any former player back.
I think a player that scored 11 from midfield in a struggling team is worthy of consideration. That is the factor not that he is a former old boy.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Jake Taylor visited today. After a coaching job?

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
He's under contract at Eastleigh IIRC. He also left Exeter for family/location reasons.

DB9

I think a player that scored 11 from midfield in a struggling team is worthy of consideration. That is the factor not that he is a former old boy.
Disagree (With Respect) The club is totally different from when he left, He moved on and so have we, We don't need "Old Boys" to come back unless they can really improve on what we've got.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Disagree (With Respect) The club is totally different from when he left, He moved on and so have we, We don't need "Old Boys" to come back unless they can really improve on what we've got.
You are still looking at it as a discussion about a former player which is my fault for posting it on this thread. My badly worded comments were about the merits of player x who was the 16th highest scorer in league one despite being a midfielder in a team that was relegated. From where I stand that would be an improvment on several of our players.

DB9

You are still looking at it as a discussion about a former player which is my fault for posting it on this thread. My badly worded comments were about the merits of player x who was the 16th highest scorer in league one despite being a midfielder in a team that was relegated. From where I stand that would be an improvment on several of our players.
My view is that former players are exactly that for a reason, Whether they moved up or down, Released or their loan is up, I really like to see how they're doing but we move on with new players and a manager with a different style etc, Rarely in football going back works.

denzel

Best mates with Sweenz isn't he?

gazzza

No idea if it's been mentioned but Matt Grimes hit 300 appears. Scored as wet....

tom_ecfc

1714255031722.png

gazzza

No idea if it's been mentioned but Matt Grimes hit 300 appears. Scored as wet....
Forgive my spelling, I was Bollocked. He's still never missed a penalty for us.