• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

Tim Long

He probably had nightmares about his stint with us, too.
Think it was covered in this book https://www.amazon.co.uk/Woody-Nord-Friendship-Andy-Woodman/dp/071814595X but can't be sure as I've never read it. Wasn't part of the problem that he turned up for training in a flash car he'd bought when on decent wages at Palace?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Andy woodman has done well to get Bromley up,but his time with us was a total wreck,and his snidey comments about us in his book,won’t be forgotten,!
It's a while since I read the bit of the book about his time at City but, from what I remember, his 'snidey' comments were mostly about how he was a young man living away from home for the first time and that he didn't feel he got much support from the club. Given our appalling record of developing (or failing to develop) young players during the mid-to-late 90's he may well have had a point.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ben watson has been sacked as manager of Barnstaple. He wasn't there long.
I take it they lost their playoff then

STURTZ

All Grecians have sh1t themselves in front of the Big Bank at one time or another - the only recent benefit is that facilities for clearing mess up have improved !
That's why we used to throw bog rolls!

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
I take it they lost their playoff then
Correct.

Are you mixing your Andy's up? Godney was the keeper that had a terrible debut...then never played again.
didn't see that one. I just remember the game against bury with AW in goal. If my failing memory serves me we lost about 30 - nil. one of the goals bouncing over the hopeless woodman. Mark gavin made a few dribbles going around and around in circles. apart from that I've blanked the rest from my memory. First home game of the season.... my hopes were dashed on the rocks that day. Ahh the good old days :ROFLMAO:

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Andy woodman has done well to get Bromley up,but his time with us was a total wreck,and his snidey comments about us in his book,won’t be forgotten,!
Be nice to have a reunion with Andy if we can draw them in the League Cup :love:

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Zanzala and Maxted released by Newport. As well as Joe Day I assume wages a problem but was very highly thought of before. Worth a look or not

DB9

Zanzala and Maxted released by Newport. As well as Joe Day I assume wages a problem but was very highly thought of before. Worth a look or not
Once again, Lets go back to former players! (Even loan one's) :rolleyes:

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Once again, Lets go back to former players! (Even loan one's) :rolleyes:
Methinks you have failed the reading test. Although to be fair re-reading it myself I wasn't 100 per cent clear but I was referring to Joe Day who has never been an ex player of ours ;)