• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

Well-known Exeweb poster
Do you think he will cut it in the Prem?
Not sure but
He has a habit of adapting.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Surely our greatest product , of recent times anyway.
On where he is now then yes, but when we sold him he was still very raw and I think that move to Wolves came a season too early. He had to go back down a level to Donny but since then he's gone from strength to strength.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Class act is George, He'll be fine next season.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Congratulations also to Liam Sercombe. Promotion to L1 and 17 goals to boot driving forward from midfield. If only we had a player like that.....

ecfc2000

Congratulations also to Liam Sercombe. Promotion to L1 and 17 goals to boot driving forward from midfield. If only we had a player like that.....
If only we had a manager who could get the best out of his players.

Last edited:

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
If only we had a manager who could get the best out of his players.
Biggest inditement on Tisdale's managerial prowess or rather lack of it yet.

Antony Moxey

Biggest inditement on Tisdale's managerial prowess or rather lack of it yet.
Rubbish. We've had players who've enjoyed successes here that couldn't match that elsewhere - does that mean their previous or subsequent managers weren't any good either?

Ironic I know, but maybe Sercombe had simply gone stale here - he seems to be playing the same role at Oxford as he did here, and also whilst here he still had plenty of shots (although most of them ended up on the top rows of the Bank). Perhaps he just needed a change of scenery.

fred binneys head

Maybe his team mates are better at Oxford? Just a thought.

AndrewP

I don't claim to be in the know on football matters generally, I'm only little old me but I do have connections with people within the Oxford camp. Liam is banging them in as, quite simply, hes playing in a position he is comfortable with and has a remit to do what he has proved to be good at. At Exeter, his brief and position stifled (and at times) confused him. Simple.

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

At Exeter, his brief and position stifled (and at times) confused him. Simple.
Play right midfield, bomb up and down, have a couple of shots? What (or who) is simple here?