• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

Nicky Law was one of our best ever midfielders and a worthy successor to the great Ryan Harley. Towards the latter end of his City career he was playing in a wide left position, when undoubtedly central midfield was where he was most influential. Seems Matt caught the Tisdale influence, as Ryan also ended up playing wide left when central was far more specific to his skills.

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nicky Law was one of our best ever midfielders and a worthy successor to the great Ryan Harley. Towards the latter end of his City career he was playing in a wide left position, when undoubtedly central midfield was where he was most influential. Seems Matt caught the Tisdale influence, as Ryan also ended up playing wide left when central was far more specific to his skills.
As did Jon Challinor on occasions iirc. A perennial problem, because we always lacked left footed wide midfielders, so some poor sod always had to slot in there. Playing with wing backs has temporarily solved this problem, but it hasn't gone away.

C j phill

I think its stretching things to say he was one of our best ever midfielders, because our history stretches over 100 years.

He was a good midfielder but I've been following City for around 55 years and he wouldn't be in my top 10. Again, from my perspective, I think Matt Taylor often didnt play him in his best position, which didnt do Nicky any favours.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tranmere are supposedly interested in Bowman.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bolton supposedly interested in Randell Williams.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's had a tough time at Hull hasn't he?!

Antony Moxey

signed for undisclosed fee until 2025 according to SSN.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

iscalad

signed for undisclosed fee until 2025 according to SSN.
Wonder if we have a sell on?

AB Ciren

Old age is kicking in but Alan Birch from Villa was a very good midfield player for us was it in the 70 or maybe the 80 as old age and memory problems