• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fulham v Exeter City EFL Cup 2nd Round MDT.

Ashford Grecian

I asked a steward how many the end held and was told 6000 so as we seemed to fill about half of it I was surprised when I heard the attendance. However I'm sure the Anfield Road end that we were in at Anfield holds 6000 and I'm fairly sure its a lot bigger than the stand at Craven Cottage, so maybe 3000 is nearer the truth and would make more sense of the 1500 quoted.
But we didn't fill half of it we only had 1/3 of the away end if you recall and my estimate was 1400... The jobsworth stewards ensured that nobody went 1 inch into the other 2/3 that were not being used and stood at the top as far towards the centre of the stand we were allowed NLEM was not allowed to put a flag on the empty seats beyond... So please no more conspiracy theories about the away support being anywhere near 3000...
Now that said what a great night, superb atmosphere being created with the non-stop singing especially from 2-0 down... As for the match it could have been all over at half time and looked like 14 vs 11 with the passing accuracy and space Fulham were able to find.. As soon as we had possession the space was closed down immediately... It really was different gravy from anything we have come up against down in L2 and finally nice to see Ethan there to support the lads

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hmm. Your choice, to be honest it would be very easy to belittle the way you watch matches (in an apparently passive manner), like you have done here (hand holding etc) but I won’t do that.
Actually max, you know absolutely sweet feck all about how I watch matches. If you bother to read, what I said was I don't need to ' connect with a manager and that players applauding me isn't important to my enjoyment. Do please try to ' connect with posts if you wish to take the pi.ss

fred binneys head

Hey Geoff, people are people man - I need to connect with the team and the manager, hence why I fell out of love with the emotionally detached Tisdale, you don’t, hence why you didn’t. It doesn’t make me a better fan than you, although I am :)

fred binneys head

In other cup news, two goals in the last 6 minutes mean millwall overturn argyle’s 2-1 lead and look like making their trip home long and ****, which is how I like their trips home to be.

Last edited:

STURTZ

Shame...………...

geoffwp

Hey Geoff, people are people man - I need to connect with the team and the manager, hence why I fell out of love with the emotionally detached Tisdale, you don’t, hence why you didn’t. It doesn’t make me a better fan than you, although I am :)
Fred I do not deny your opening words and I don't believe I have tried to argue differently. My original post to HH was pretty much tongue in cheek hence the smilie though the question about the manager appreciating fans and telling them was more pertinent. Fair enough if you need that emotional attachment, I just don't. It doesn't stop me vocally supporting the team on the pitch. However Fred, I've always known you're a better fan than me. That's why you wear the crown.;)

fred binneys head

Bugger, you know the art of self-deprecation to outwit an opponent. Touché, sir.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I see the main man has registered on Exeweb.

http://www.exeweb.com/forums/member.php?14709-Matty

(rofl)

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Shame we’re out but it’s not unexpected, personally don’t agree with playing an under strength side but again understand the reason.

Colesman Ballz

I see the main man has registered on Exeweb.

http://www.exeweb.com/forums/member.php?14709-Matty

(rofl)
Can't be the "main man" shirley, as he "hasn't made any friends yet" ! ;)

Last edited: