• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

GAME OFF: The Exeter City Vs Barrow Prediction and Discussion Thread

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sounds like there’ll be at least a couple missing from Tuesday evening Stubbs and one other, would imagine Key will come back in as well, hopefully Tim will be ok to start the game but it wouldn’t be a surprise to see maybe up to five changes to the starting lineup from Tuesday all things considered.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sounds like there’ll be at least a couple missing from Tuesday evening Stubbs and one other, would imagine Key will come back in as well, hopefully Tim will be ok to start the game but it wouldn’t be a surprise to see maybe up to five changes to the starting lineup from Tuesday all things considered.
I dont see too many changes from those that finished on Tuesday. Grounds deserves to start in a back three with Sweens on the right and Diabate in the middle and Hartridge coming onto the bench. Personally I would keep Jacko and Caprice in the starting 11. Nombe will have to start if Phillips has been unable to train post swollen knee. Will Matt rest Tim again knowing how influential he is or will he start with Coley who still looks like he is a work in progress regards the defensive/out of possession aspect of the game?

STURTZ

Can't see Matt Taylor breaking up a defence that's kept six clean sheets.....oh, hang on a minute! :rolleyes:

Red Devon

I dont see too many changes from those that finished on Tuesday. Grounds deserves to start in a back three with Sweens on the right and Diabate in the middle and Hartridge coming onto the bench. Personally I would keep Jacko and Caprice in the starting 11. Nombe will have to start if Phillips has been unable to train post swollen knee. Will Matt rest Tim again knowing how influential he is or will he start with Coley who still looks like he is a work in progress regards the defensive/out of possession aspect of the game?
Would be surprised if Key doesn’t return unless he’s not quite right, As well as Grounds did the other night I still think he’s best utilised coming from the bench, I would turn to Hartridge who was playing very well before his injury in place of Stubbs.

fred binneys head

Big Nige’s performance on Tuesday showed how difficult it is coming straight into the team after a time out through injury. I think KMT will start with Grounds on Saturday and Hartridge will play against Wolves next Tuesday.

STURTZ

Agreed although Hartridge may get some minutes as a sub v Barrow.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Jason's preview

City_Slicker

Nobody has mentioned the weather!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nobody has mentioned the weather!
Earlier in the week MT was talking about this team being special. It certainly seems that way when you see this 🤣

Screenshot_20220218-103243_Met Office.jpg

Red Devon

KMT on Radio Devon this morning saying that Barrow’s “main striker” is suspended