• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I remember when Moxey went into the prem and that was some time ago.

He was well out of his depth.
Whilst Moxey wasn't good enough for the Premier league, he hardly disgraced himself at that level and had a very good career in football.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Getting back on topic but would it be the worst thing in the world if Caldwell decides against bringing in more than a couple of loan signings this window? Realistically, we dont look like we will drop down to the bottom four and would it be wise to spend money on players now when there are likely to be better options in the summer? We may well have a massive rebuilding job if as likely we lose a number of our better players at the end of the season. I would rather bring better players in at the right time than regret signings made in haste. I know we all love a signing but it's not always for the best?

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Incoming at 3pm. Most likely White.

tom_ecfc

tonykellowfan

I disagree with this.
He played over half of Palace’s games in the season they finished 11th in the Premier League.
And in a more general sense I think he’s had a brilliant career in football.
This is whitewashing what actually happened that season.

He played most of his games at the start of the season, and he was awful as was Palace. The manager was sacked and the new manager never picked him. They then went up the table.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
First one in

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is whitewashing what actually happened that season.

He played most of his games at the start of the season, and he was awful as was Palace. The manager was sacked and the new manager never picked him. They then went up the table.
Suggest this is more appropriate for former players thread.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Getting back on topic but would it be the worst thing in the world if Caldwell decides against bringing in more than a couple of loan signings this window? Realistically, we dont look like we will drop down to the bottom four and would it be wise to spend money on players now when there are likely to be better options in the summer? We may well have a massive rebuilding job if as likely we lose a number of our better players at the end of the season. I would rather bring better players in at the right time than regret signings made in haste. I know we all love a signing but it's not always for the best?
Agreed. I'd be happy with a centre back and a midfielder in and only Harper out. ( a reserve keeper to allow Harry Lee to get time out on loan would be a bonus)

tom_ecfc

715E43BC-4858-489A-8A1D-C093C2DD413D.jpeg

Matt Jay to Colchester...........