• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Matt Jay to Colchester...........
MJ staying put

Agent Andy

MJ staying put
No he’s not 😉😉

milts

Would make sense of Jay was to leave. Sounds like White plays in a similar position and no doubt Jay is on a decent wedge.

No he’s not 😉😉
Willow and Stump 1 - 0 SaintJames.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hearing the MJ rumours from multiple angles now.

If he were to leave he goes with my best wishes but the fact of the matter is he doesn't appear to be good enough to play at this level.

Bat Fastard

Will be sad if jay is off, brilliant servant to the club over the years. Big move for him having spent his whole career at city and hopefully he can recapture his excellent form of a couple of years ago! Get the impression he was always a central figure in the dressing room even before being made club captain so hopefully won’t change the dynamic too much.

Reactions: Ash

Memphis09

I disagree with this.
He played over half of Palace’s games in the season they finished 11th in the Premier League.
And in a more general sense I think he’s had a brilliant career in football.
Agree but not when he returned SJP he did disappoint me and a few others
Was expecting more from him

Memphis09

Will be sad if jay is off, brilliant servant to the club over the years. Big move for him having spent his whole career at city and hopefully he can recapture his excellent form of a couple of years ago! Get the impression he was always a central figure in the dressing room even before being made club captain so hopefully won’t change the dynamic too much.
I have never been a fan of his and think he has been lucky to stay as long as did
On saying that a big thank you for what you have done a very good example of what Exeter stand for
Hope he finds the right club

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Would make sense of Jay was to leave. Sounds like White plays in a similar position and no doubt Jay is on a decent wedge.
Hearing the MJ rumours from multiple angles now.

If he were to leave he goes with my best wishes but the fact of the matter is he doesn't appear to be good enough to play at this level.
I think MJ said he hasn't been offered a contract for next season yet so if someone comes in and offers him a two-and-a-half year contract it would be difficult to turn down. I think the jury's out on whether he's good enough to play at league one but it's hard to see him playing too many more games for City this season, especially if Josh Key is going to continue playing up front. However, if he is leaving he will be remembered for being a big part of the promotion team and for THAT goal against Barrow.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
No he’s not 😉😉
These are the Agent Andy rumours I like to see and hear! Maybe MJ was saying one thing with his heart to start with but is now swaying? I will await judgment until an ex E&E journalist comes on to give the definitive :)