• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

ecfc2000

Arriving injured - out approx 2-weeks?
You know the drill, back in 3 weeks....

Mid Devon Grecian

Arriving injured - out approx 2-weeks?
Not too worried about that, ease him in gently. We’ve got him for 2.5 years

Exehausted

Two tremendous signings. However, I'm still concerned we dont have sufficient CM cover
Well we have Cole, Carroll and Harris as first choice and Watts, Kite and Taylor as back up. I know that Harris is a forward type player but he can play across the middle. It's not an area that worries me. We also have Jake Richards, who has shown up well for a sixteen year old.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well we have Cole, Carroll and Harris as first choice and Watts, Kite and Taylor as back up. I know that Harris is a forward type player but he can play across the middle. It's not an area that worries me. We also have Jake Richards, who has shown up well for a sixteen year old.
Unfortunately whilst on paper we have loads of players who could 'do a job' in CM they are either too inexperienced like Richards, not at the level yet after injury like Watts, completly out of form like Kite or simply not good enough like Kyle Taylor. We are totally reliant on carrol and cole starting every game which simply isn't going to happen with knocks and suspensions

Phil Sayers

Very well known Exeweb poster
If that is the end of our business (I think it probably will be unless there are departures that we need to urgently replace) then I think it leaves us with a squad that has the ability and depth to stay up, probably comfortably so.

haka

This is a great thread!

Number of times Millenic Alli gets mentioned before today ... Zero.

Number of players mentioned who aren't joining us ... hundreds!

;)

Exehausted

Unfortunately whilst on paper we have loads of players who could 'do a job' in CM they are either too inexperienced like Richards, not at the level yet after injury like Watts, completly out of form like Kite or simply not good enough like Kyle Taylor. We are totally reliant on carrol and cole starting every game which simply isn't going to happen with knocks and suspensions
I don't think Kite has been given much of a chance in his proper position in centre midfield since his return from injury. Watts will only get better as his fitness returns and Richards needs to be given some game time. Purrington (I think) said that he has played in midfield so we do have options. Then there is the young Irish lad, Cummins, who will hopefully get some minutes before the end of the season so I think we are okay. Unless we sign someone on loan I think it's unlikely anyone else will come in. I would still like another forward if possible, that's where I would spend any spare money

MJP-SJP

Excited by both these signings! If Eisa settles in quickly and fires in the goals this season and then potentially stays on a permanent in the summer he could be the ideal person for Alli to learn from with a view to building to a future, UTC

budegrecian

So, I’m told we’re signed Mo an Alli. Thought he was an England Test Spinner.
Ok, I’ll get my coat…

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
This is a great thread!

Number of times Millenic Alli gets mentioned before today ... Zero.

Number of players mentioned who aren't joining us ... hundreds!

;)
EDIT: I was being dumb