• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

GB News.

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not my words Jigz. They were uttered by "your own" fragrant Ms Mordaunt, possible next leader of "your" party. 😜
So do you agree that the government conspired over the food shortages or that the Ukraine air-raids are "just sound effects" or have you not quite fully moved to Oliver/Icke cloud-cuckoo-land yet?
I know. It was a general comment. People are evidently quite rattled. Which means GBN are doing good stuff around things that are quite clearly a bit close to the bone. Sure, sometimes they overstep the mark a bit, but that shouldn't negate everything else.

Mr Jinx

Same can he said about the BBC, We're told hardly anyone watches it nowadays because of supposed biased yet lots of people are bothered. 🤷‍♂️
mmm...I've never heard that. Loads of people still watch it, although a lot less in numbers than used to. But same can be said for all terrestrial channels.

Last edited:

Grecian2K

I know. It was a general comment. People are evidently quite rattled. Which means GBN are doing good stuff around things that are clearly quite a bit close to the bone. Sure, sometimes they overstep the mark a bit, but that shouldn't negate everything else.
Well as for "doing good things"? If deliberated setting out to incite division and deliberately disseminate falsehoods is a "good thing" then your definition of "good" is seriously different to mind.

As for "overstepping the mark"? Isn't that what Lineker is currently being excoriated about by the right-wing blue tops in the media? As you say, that too should negate everything else.

DB9

mmm...I've never heard that. Loads of people still watch it, although lot less in numbers than used to. But same can be said for all terrestrial channels.
Give over, there always stories about how the BBC are losing viewers hand over fist, "Outrage" over pay etc but going back to GBN, Their whole type of output like all other news channels have very small audiences, Unlike the BBC, GBN and other commercial stations have to rely on advertising and owners with deep pockets.

Mr Jinx

Give over, there always stories about how the BBC are losing viewers hand over fist, "Outrage" over pay etc but going back to GBN, Their whole type of output like all other news channels have very small audiences, Unlike the BBC, GBN and other commercial stations have to rely on advertising and owners with deep pockets.
Well, yes, of course they are losing viewers, but who in the world of Terrestrial TV isn't (which includes those who rely on advertising)?

I am the only one in my immediate family who knows what Terrestrial TV is. If I asked my 12 year old son what the BBC was, he wouldn't know.

DB9

Well, yes, of course they are losing viewers, but who in the world of Terrestrial TV isn't (which includes those who rely on advertising)?
Then why get so bothered? Easy, If you don't like something switch over, It's not compulsory to watch and I'd say exactly the same to those who go on about GBN,TalkTV, Fox News etc.

angelic upstart

I am the only one in my immediate family who knows what Terrestrial TV is. If I asked my 12 year old son what the BBC was, he wouldn't know.
He would though. He'll just pretend he didn't know.

angelic upstart

Then why get so bothered? Easy, If you don't like something switch over, It's not compulsory to watch and I'd say exactly the same to those who go on about GBN,TalkTV, Fox News etc.
Maybe because people yearn for fairer news and struggle to get it?

Mr Jinx

He would though. He'll just pretend he didn't know.
why, to impress his father? lolz

Mr Jinx

Err...not wanting to sound like a bbc comedian...but why 'am i bothered'? Was just trying to point a few things out. Nothing is compulsory to watch. Could just be that some things are compulsory to pay for (regardless of whether you watch it or not).