• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Goal keeper required (Jökull Andrésson signs!)for Morecambe and back for Exeter! Signs for Stevenage

AmberRed

I think people's judgement is clouded by the fact he has a bubbly personality.
I hope to be proved wrong but didn't cut it at Morecombe and has hardly played in a year! Had a groin op in September and other than a couple of U21's games done nothing else!!!

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think people's judgement is clouded by the fact he has a bubbly personality.
Bit like when Clinton was here

GrecianHarry

If Jokull starts tonight I will feel incredibly sorry for Harry Lee. First Scott Brown being played over him in the Carabao Cup and now potentially this, if we want to keep young talents we need to start treating them with some respect! What is the point in having a No.2 keeper your not willing to play and denying them vaulable loan time by keeping them sat on the bench.

red1

If Jokull starts tonight I will feel incredibly sorry for Harry Lee. First Scott Brown being played over him in the Carabao Cup and now potentially this, if we want to keep young talents we need to start treating them with some respect! What is the point in having a No.2 keeper your not willing to play and denying them vaulable loan time by keeping them sat on the bench.
Lee is still very young for a keeper. Imagine him playing the next 2 or 3 games in front of decent crowds and he makes a couple of mistakes which costs us. His confidence would be in tatters before his first team career really starts.
He needs a loan move to build up experience.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I hope to be proved wrong but didn't cut it at Morecombe and has hardly played in a year! Had a groin op in September and other than a couple of U21's games done nothing else!!!
His last competitive game was on the 12th January 2022 when he played the first half for Iceland against Uganda.

GrecianHarry

Lee is still very young for a keeper. Imagine him playing the next 2 or 3 games in front of decent crowds and he makes a couple of mistakes which costs us. His confidence would be in tatters before his first team career really starts.
He has already had multiple loans move, one in which eariler this season he performed very well in. And by keeping him as No.2 it stops him from going out on loan to gain more experience.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
He has already had multiple loans move, one in which eariler this season he performed very well in.
For Tavistock...

If the coaching staff don't think he's ready, he's not ready.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jokull wasn't much older when he first joined us and he did ok. Also Harry didn't seem fazed when he came on at Derby and he has to make his debut some time. If he plays a couple of games and does well imagine the boost that will be to his confidence. And if he doesn't do well then it's still a useful experience that he can go out on loan and learn from.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Love Jokull me, inspired loan. Think with Lee in goal we would have been pasted TBH.

GrecianHarry

For Tavistock...

If the coaching staff don't think he's ready, he's not ready.
But how do we expect him to get ready by leaving him to sit on the bench for the rest of the season?